Summer Olympics 2004 -- Satellite Images

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 11:01 am
Space Imaging is making available three recent images:
"As the start of the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece nears, much scrutiny is being given whether construction of the Olympic venues will be completed on time for the opening ceremony on Aug. 13, 2004. Space Imaging's IKONOS satellite has taken a snapshot of Athens to show the status of construction at the thee major venues. The one-meter resolution satellite images of Athens were collected on June 13, 2004."

Athens Olympic Sports Complex (3.2 MB)

"The Athens Olympic Sports Complex includes the Olympic Stadium (home of the opening and closing ceremonies), the Olympic Aquatic Center, Olympic Indoor Hall (gymnastics and basketball finals), Olympic Tennis Center, and the Olympic Velodrome (cycling)."

Helliniko Olympic Complex (5.5 MB)

"The Helliniko Olympic Complex features the Indoor Arena (basketball preliminaries) and Fencing Hall, the Olympic Baseball Center and Softball Stadium, the Olympic Canoe/Kayak Slalom Center, and the Olympic Hockey Center."

Faliro Olympic Complex (4.4 MB)

"The Faliro Olympic Complex is comprised of three Olympic venues, the Sports Pavilion (taekwondo and handball), the Olympic Beach Volleyball Center, and the Peace and Friendship Stadium (volleyball)."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,651 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 03:14 pm
I can't tell much what I'm looking for in the first link; the second one doesn't open for me; the third link, what I see worries me.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 11:10 pm
I can see all. Very good images!
0 Replies