Anonymous

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 11:13 am
Heevan:

That does sound like HEAVEN!!

Anon
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 12:01 pm
I have some great-smelling bath salts, and I bathe to get the bad energy out breathe in the steam, and relax. I've been eating a little dark chocolate everyday. Then I get LARGE PRINT novels so I don't have to wear reading glasses, lie between my flannel sheets and read til all hours. I have to get up early to work, but what the hey. I make up for it by drinking lots of coffee during the day. Along with the majority, I indulge myself every day.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 12:30 pm
I love my shower! We have a special relationship. Embarrassed Though a bath is nice, I like to have the water pounding on me more.

I recently bought the most amazing bed. It's a wonder that I get out of it at all. It's worth every penny I spent (and will continue to spend until it's paid off...)

My weekend pleasure is having no reason to do anything other than going back to bed with a book.
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 06:06 pm
Hi All:

As you can tell by my signature, I love walking on the beach.

Shut your eyes and picture a 75-80 degree day, not too hot, yet the sun makes the sand a perfect temp to walk in. If the sand get's to hot, it's uncomfortable to the touch.

Walk in the sand with your bare footies, and quish the warm sand through your toes. The warm breezes flushover your body, but it's a warm rush of air, not suffocating, but just enveloping you in a warm hug. You can smell the sea air with it's briny saltyness, and you can actuall taste it!!

A Margarita and a couple dozen of oysters on the half shell and you might as well be in heaven!!

Anon
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 11:09 pm
OK -- I like it, no, I LOVE it, but let's say prawns instead of oysters!
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 11:41 pm
Piffka:

Prawns are good!! Yumm!! Smile

Anon
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 06:32 am
Piffka
I know some people around here with horses and will talk to them about it. Thanks for a great idea :-)

Heevan
I melted when I read yours! (sigh)

Anon
How could I forget those walks in the sand on a beautiful warm day. That is heaven as well :-D
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 12:23 pm
Hello. Just thought I'd say that feeding the horses this morning was a real pleasure. Between the gorgeous dawning morning and the horses nickering to see me at the gate... very nice. Good luck, Gezzy.

RIght now I'd most love to get my feet in some warm sand... the kind where it is ALMOST too hot. There's a beach calling me!

Heeven -- A loving gesture, the best of all.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 02:23 pm
Piffka, a food massage? That doesn't sound very G-rated to me! Smile
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 02:25 pm
When I am painting I have pleasure. If it turns out good or even OK in my eye then I have exteme pleasure. I also take great pleasure in giving to the people I love.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 06:43 pm
WOW!

I enjoyed reading all of the contributions.

The beach does have a special allure for alot of us. The sound is soothing and anon is right about footsies sinking in sand.

Velvety clothing is something I didn't think of.

Babsatamelia--I know what you mean about a massage. It has to be convenient, or by the time you've fought traffic, the affect is gone!

It was soothing for me to read your posts!

Babs--I hope you make a point to pleasure yourself more often!
macsm-- Hubby and I have been discussing an extravagant bed. We spend half our lives in it--It will surely be worth the $$.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 10:45 pm
I've got to say No. 1 is the luxurious bath, glowing candles and new age music, mmmmmmmmmmmmm makes for beautiful relaxation.

Another is to lay at the beach, with the sun on my body, listening to the sounds of the surf, and silence.

Sitting on my screened -in porch listening to the crickets and the smell of Jasmin in the air.

Lazing in the pool.

A massage. The masseuse is a lady I used to work with, she comes to your home, sets up her cot, brings her own music, it's wonderful. I think I'm about due:)
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 10:56 pm
misti--
MMmmm. She comes to you. Now, that's a massage.

Reading your post took my blood pressure down.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 11:05 pm
Good idea about investing in a great bed. The mattress is the most important but a frame you like makes it even nicer. Do it!!!

Has anybody else ever had one of the short sitting-down massages they offer at airports? We decided to have one while we were waiting for a transcontinental flight. It was wonderful -- we floated onto the plane and everything was fine. Had no jet lag, weren't tired. I highly recommend it.

cjhsa -- Uh-oh. I made an oopsie. Should I edit it, or just leave it? I think I'll leave it... make people wonder!!!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 11:14 pm
LG: C.o.n.c.e.n.t.r.a.t.e.............

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WwByAIwcMT4fCj*FJItR0LAjsnMXVTsXYuFEkAIk*GjmiMmQnZRBLVPNyG3VQRj*R5DdBoUsoR0JmGm8jwU4VB02bRYodk33sU0jCGuLDIrG0N*roJnhPav*nY*gCOl7VF64JgtXuoA/Beautiful-beach-scene.jpg?dc=4675404891157412985
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 11:39 pm
180/82.......173/80.......164/76......150/70......
Thank you.....143/67,.....
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 11:43 pm
Cool Laughing Very Happy
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 12:26 am
After reading these posts I realized that I haven't been partularly nuturing of myself lately and as I type the tub is filling and I've sprayed my favorite perfume Antonio's Flowers on the water which has a wonderful sultry smell - and I'm eyeing the book shelf and have spotted a book of poetry by Anne Lindburg and tomorrow a trip to the Nail Palace in LaLa Land by the Bay and get a pedicure & polish and then maybe an early dinner with a friend of Bill W and then an AA meeting for the soul.

Thank you for the suggestion. Just sometimes I forget to nuture myself.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 12:49 am
Cool. By all means, take care of yourself. Maybe light a candle, too.

Is this dinner friend somebody you'd known before a2k?

I have to say, I've wanted to for a while, your avatar is gorgeous and, don't laugh, it reminds me of an old bathroom window I had. It filtered all the colors of the sky and the cityscape around me just like that. Loved that window!
0 Replies

JoanDark

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 01:21 am
Now that I'm an empty-nester, I've become all about hedonism! I finally have the time to spend on me, and boy am I loving it! Every day is full of pleasures. Simple pleasures, but sooo lovely.
I've not had a shower in years! I take a ritual bath every night. Candles, bubbles, the whole 9 yards. In fact I can't fall asleep unless I do, now.
Which brings me to another area of hedonism-my bed. I pamper it. As soon as I got divorced, I bought it a wonderful new mattress, with a plush pillow-top. And I'm constantly buying things for my bed--very lush sheets, silk pillow-cases, pillow-spray from the Body Shop. I have a wonderful white noise machine. I have a super air-conditioner that can actually bring the room to the 60s in hundred degree heat! MMMMMMMM!
Closets? They're all mine! So all my closets, and all my drawers are lined with scented paper. The linen closet is the best!
I grow many herbs and spices, which I'm always bringing in & drying. These add to the ambiance of the house, and, in another pleasure area, I don't stint-I cook for me-every night, (unless I go out) I cook exactly what I feel like eating.
Sound is another joy. I have a decent cd collection, and a nice stereo. And 2 very good windchimes-one front and back. The one in the back is playing beautifully even as I write here. It's a wild night!Ring out, wild bells!
AND,I have a voluminous library of great books.
And I live with the smartest, kindest, handsomest,most wonderful person in the world-my dog Rupert.I am SOOOO lucky!
So--what's not to like? Pleasures abounding!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 12:01:20