Describe Your Most Luxurious Sensual Pleasure

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 10:59 pm
I was ensconsed in a hot, aromatic bath, listening to my favorite music in the flickering candlelight of my Gothic bath, and thought:

How hedonistic and glorious. What could I add to this to make it even more perfect?

Then, I began to wonder, oddly, of this group. What fabulous G-rated pleasures do they partake in? Could I learn some new, stress-relieving ritual from them?

I will share my fantasy additions to my most luxurious pleasure, and hope you will share yours.

My bath has large windowed doors opening to the windswept Irish coastline, allowing the sound of crashing waves and Banshee screams of the wind inside. The music is the haunting Irish band Clannad. The lavendar vanilla aroma fills the room. I have a scrubbie, and my skin tingles clean.

Someone else is cleaning and cooking. I think there is chocolate...

(Hate to be a buzz-kill, but can we not entertain the sudden appearance of 'other people' in these sensual, not sexual pleasures?)

C'Mon, people. Give me something I can use!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,627 • Replies: 114
No top replies

Anonymous

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 11:58 pm
Lash:

Every day is a new self-indulgent ritual. There are so many things we do that bring us great pleasure ... every day.

Morning is a delight. I grind my own coffee beans from a Blue Jamaica Roast. Smelling the coffee drip and fill the room with that wonderful aroma, is just heaven to start the day. Put a splash or two of pure cream in a cup, slosh some coffee in it, be sure to give Simon the Cat his take of the cream, and it's out to the deck to watch the sun rise over SF Bay. The sunrises are romantic, exhilerating, and thrilling, all at the same time. This just starts the day ... my whole day goes like this.

Anon
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 12:07 am
Sunrise over the San Francisco Bay...
That is luxurious.

I get alot of pleasure out of simple things, too. I was just wondering if there was some neat stress reliever I could pick up from someone, as well as get an idea about what different people looked on as their ultimate pleasure.

I guess I could visit San Fran...

Steaming gourmet coffee is another serene pleasure. The aroma, for me, surpasses the taste.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 12:28 am
A2K on a warm misty morning - ahhhhhhh, the senses just open up and I'm renewed!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 05:43 am
I too like to start my day grinding my coffe beans and starting a nice fresh pot. I smell itself is wonderful and it starts my day on the right track. There are several things that are sress relievers for me, such as knitting, quilting, painting ceramics, gardening, etc.... The bath with aromatherapy bubble bath with candles going is one of my favorite things to relax. Horseback riding in the wilderness is another one of my favorites, although I haven't done that for a very long time.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 07:15 am
gezzy--
A horseback ride in the wilderness... Something about melding your body to the horse's to move as one...and the indescribable 'wildness' to be hurtling through space under such a massive, beautiful, powerful creature...

That has truly been an otherworldy experience for me, as well. And it is a crime we haven't enjoyed it in so many years.

We should make a pact to do this!

BillW--Mental stimulation in the morning? Good stuff.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 05:55 pm
IF I had a tub, then I would certainly subscribe to a routine in which that pleasured me as often as possible.
sniff

I do however have a foot spa, and generally use it about twice a month...more in the winter months actually. I have scented oils to put in with it and get a nice plum pumice scrub to start. It has heat, massage and bubbles.

I think good coffee in the mornings is a lovely thing as well.
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 06:23 pm
Lash:

After reading your bath experience, I was about to PAY your way to SF!! Twisted Evil

Oh, that's right - G Rated ... Embarrassed

I have some others, I'll check in later when my blush fades ...

Anon
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 07:42 pm
anon--
You silly cow! That was funny.

Awaiting breathlessly details of how the Great and Powerful anon pleasures himself... Embarrassed

You know what I mean... Cool
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 11:11 pm
I expected my choice of monthly would be
more in keeping with the majority but I see
now that I am definetely not pleasuring
myself often enough. I have the great good
fortune of having a wonderfull Jacuzzi tub in
my bathroom .... a few candles & some
scented stuff in the bath water - it's like pure
heaven to me. I don't know why I don't do it
much more often. I tend to take showers,
usually because I am pressed for time, and
a shower is so much faster.
Another GREAT thing to have is a good massage.
I have trouble finding one who is very good.
We have only about 4 or 5 here on the island
and the very thought of making a long ride to
get a massage and then have to drive back
home, would sort of defeat the purpose, I think.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 11:13 pm
Oh, by the way Lash - great topic.... one we ALL
can learn is how to be kinder to ourselves!
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 11:55 pm
I am a GREAT Masseur!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 12:02 pm
hmm, this is definitely an area that i don't pay attention to in my life. I do use aromatherapy oil on my lamps, but it's usually for energizing not relaxing.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:30 pm
I do have aromatherapy candles in just about every room...so I guess thats a daily thing.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 10:51 pm
Being able to lay in bed with the sound of silence in the morning, after the rest of the family has left for work and school is quite self satisfying.

Taking the time to do a work-out without interruption in my home gym.

In the spring and summer, sitting out on our patio in privacy watching the blooms of my gardens, as well as the birds at my feeders.

My winter joy is using my new heated lotion dispenser.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 12:10 am
Nice topic, Lash.

I believe everyone should bathe more frequently than shower, simply for the good feelings of immersing oneself in water. A good food massage in the bath is pretty essential too as far as I'm concerned.

Fresh ground coffee? Yes! Morning rituals like that are good.

You and Gezzy talked about riding wildly. Well, I haven't done that for a while, but I have a couple of horses I feed every morning. Now, that may not seem like a luxurious sensual pleasure, but there is something pretty wonderful in feeding a friendly horse who is extremely appreciative. I love the sounds of their munching and nuzzling through their food. It is a contented sound and one that makes my morning. Because I am out so early I have a daily dose of nature... from the birds and small animals I also feed. Even filling the garden fountain every morning is a luxurious chore.

Catching the sunrise then is also very pleasurable. Seeing the play of colors in the sky is free and a lift to the senses and to my spirit. If I can see both the dawn and the sunset, I feel I've had a good day.

I also find a lot of sensual pleasure driving in my car. It is now six years old, but was a top of the line model and has many bells and whistles including a sound system to rival the ones my teens have in their rooms. I know because sometimes they go into the garage and listen to the CD's in my car! A cruise with me is fun!

Wearing soft, velvety clothes is another pleasure I don't like to resist. Over the years I've amassed a collection of velvets, velours, and cashmere clothes. Wearing these things makes me feel great. Add some favorite perfume and I'm v. happy.

Finally, I bought my S.U. a portable massage table for Christmas, a present which we've both grown to love! It is amazing how much better an amateur masseuse can be when given the right tools. The height is right, the nose hole makes it easy to be comfy, it is very steady and stable... a very good thing!
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 01:18 am
Piffka:

That was great! Simple pleasures, luxurious, but never thought about indeed. That was wonderful !!

I too love being emerged in water. I'v been a swimmer my whole life! I've always found it healing and therapeutic, luxurious indeed!

Anon
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 05:33 am
Lash Goth
So very true. When I use to live in the city I would travel long distances to go riding every chance I had, but I haven't gone since I moved to the country almost 3 years ago and I'm surrounded by horses. I really have to make that a priority one of these days. We have trails in the woods behind our house that go on for miles and miles and I dream of horse back riding through them :-)

Piffka
Just the feeling of being around the horses every day would be very satisfying for me as well. I love horses and I truly wish I had the funds to have a few of my own. It's been a dream of mine since as far back as I can remember ;-) I so envy you :-)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 09:10 am
Anon -- Thanks! Are these simple pleasures? I hadn't thought of them that way. What's a complicated pleasure? Maybe I'd like them.

Gezzy -- There are probably horses like mine around whose owners would be happy to have you exercise them. Ask around! I admit, there are rainy, muddy mornings when I rue the day I acquired my horse and her companion. It is very smart of them to act so appreciative!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 09:33 am
Here's mine ... when my boyfriend arrives at my place on a Friday evening he gives me a special treat.

He buys me Cadburys milk chocolate, usually a slab of it, and breaks it into bite-size pieces. I sit on a cushion on the floor and lean back with him sitting in chair behind me and, while I let the delicious chocolate melt in my mouth and drink my Tia Maria & Vanilla Coke, he brushes my hair so softly and gently and then massages my scalp and neck until I'm purring like a kitten!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Describe Your Most Luxurious Sensual Pleasure
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:26:26