Atheist Quirks

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 05:40 pm
Just a post of miscellaneous Quirks

e.g.

I don't know why I never say good bye? I just tell people when departing to take care.

I remember one day I was outside my complex reading one of Sam Harris' books.A neighbor passed by who was a casual acquaintance, and I uttered the usual rhetorical words which we unconscious utter of daily passing bys and greetings -of how are yous etc? She saw me reading the book and remarked " I thought you were a good person"

Do you have any?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 748 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 07:16 pm
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:

She saw me reading the book and remarked " I thought you were a good person"

Arrogant religious bitch. I would have told her to **** off.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 06:21 am
@argome321,
I'm not an atheist, but one quirk I have noticed recently is that atheists often think of human quirks as atheist quirks.

Not sure what that is all about.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 07:59 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:

Sam Harris' books.A neighbor passed by who was a casual acquaintance, and I uttered the usual rhetorical words which we unconscious utter of daily passing bys and greetings -of how are yous etc? She saw me reading the book and remarked " I thought you were a good person"

Maybe she was commenting on you dullish taste in reading materials rather then your possible political/spiritual leanings? I don't know very much about the writings of this Sam Harris other then a quick Google search but I can assume its far from a fun yarn.

On the other hand, where do you freaking live? Salt Lake City, Utah? Mesa, Arizona? If you live in a conservative city and/or state then what do you expect?
argome321

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 08:08 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Maybe she was commenting on you dullish taste in reading materials rather then your possible political/spiritual leanings? I don't know very much about the writings of this Sam Harris other then a quick Google search but I can assume its far from a fun yarn.

On the other hand, where do you freaking live? Salt Lake City, Utah? Mesa, Arizona? If you live in a conservative city and/or state then what do you expect?

I'm a good ole dye in the wool New Yorker -born and Bred. Though I have travel from coast to coast.

New York is pretty diverse and liberal. In the city you have a large Caribbean population and still many southerners.

0 Replies