Need Help Making Wiring Pigtail Adapter

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 12:06 pm
Quick scenario. I have a car part (Idle Air Control Valve) that is discontinued. The aftermarket replacements are horrible and prone to failure after about a year. A slightly newer year of the same vehicle still has Ford OEM parts available but the connector was updated.

The area it's located is way too tight to do work on the wiring (ie cutting the harness and splicing the updated one on there) so what I had in mind was to find a female connector I can plug the stock harness into, solder the updated male plug to that connector then it would just be a plug and play adapter enabling me to use the available part.

The connector, for reference, is a BWD 28939. If you Google that and click the O'Reilly Auto Parts link, they have a picture of the connector.

Any suggestion on where I might be able to find such a connector? I would GREATLY appreciate your help.

Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 698 • Replies: 1
No top replies

RayEGarcia

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2015 11:54 pm
@jbelcourt,
There are variety of connectors are available in the market. First you need to check the reviews of customers on the particular connector after that take any decision.
0 Replies