Witchcraft - a religion, just a cult or what?

BillW

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 12:57 pm
I am spiritual and not a religionist - period. That said - witchcraft in it's purest form is a practice and far older than any current day religion. Practices are found in all cultures, existing to present day in equatorial Amazon basin and many Borean tribes. It includes Africian, American Indian, Asian, and European cultures. As religions rose, they tried to push out nature crafts. However, the Catholics would encompass existing faiths while pursuing Catholism in the natives lives. This was far more successful than the practice of disavowing native spirituality while pushing the new religion with a vengence. But, c'est la vie......
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 01:10 pm
If you ask me - religion means destruction, racist, war, death, prejudice, vanity, ego, lies, and everything that is bad - it was not meant to be but that's what the so called religious leaders have made of it and as witchcraft didn't provide to them what they were in search of for their own benefit but actually took away from them in several ways, they try to eliminate it.

Witchcraft is a lot more interesting than any religion and there is a lot more evil within religions than within witchcraft - as far as I know :wink:
0 Replies