Recommendations for weather proof art?

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 03:09 pm
Has anyone hung photo art in their bathroom that didn't get ruined by the heat and humidity?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,353 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 03:16 pm
@footballfan15,
There are sealers you can use in the framing of the art. If you have a good framing store somewhere near you, talk with them. I'm reluctant to say go to a big box art & craft store, though.

0 Replies

rohit-j

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 11:53 pm
@footballfan15,
You should try to put photo or print behind glass frame.
Hope it will help you..
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 02:11 am
@footballfan15,
For about a year, I had a very large framed museum poster in my apartment bathroom. No apparent damage occurred to either frame or poster. Then again, the frame was a well constructed custom job by a professional frame shop (the framing was a past birthday present).
ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 05:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
When I said there were sealers you could use, I remember some ribbon like sort of play dough stuff you could seal the glass and frame with.

Consider looking at art supply websites.
0 Replies

freelancephoto

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 03:30 pm
@footballfan15,
I've used Aluminyze in the past, they do metal/aluminum prints. Their quality is always excellent; no damage or fading after a year in my bathroom that is subject to very damp and humid conditions for most of the year. You can look at their website to see the range of different prints they have and they usually have discounts for pros/consumer vouchers. Good luck.
0 Replies