Patient Privacy

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 07:17 pm
Hi
Went for a first time exam to this doctor. Not a bad wait time just 15 mins. Their front desk was right in front of where they weigh and measure your height. Was kind of a cramped area with a lot of traffic. I'm lead to an exam room that's about 6 Ft from the desk. The nurse takes my info while leaning out the door with the door opened. Her computer is on a wall mount that you can move around with. As she's asking me all these personal questions , as they are doing nowadays , she is answering questions from the lady at the desk. So I guess I'm relying on the oath these people take ,not to deluge any of my personal information, I didn't peculiarly think that was to cool and should have said something. The Doctor comes in and we talk for a few mins. then the same nurse comes back in to bring me back the bottles of meds I gave her so she can refill them, that I got from another doctor. For some reason she looks them over again for about 30 secs. While she's in there the doctor keeps asking questions. Ten mins later she comes back again , both times just barging in and again the Doctor and I continue with the exam. This time she's in there a little longer, she seems to be having
a problem refilling the meds. After a couple of mins she leaves again. The exam ends. The nurse tells me there is a problem with her computer and I have to wait so she is sure that the prescriptions go through. I'm in the waiting rom for about an hour , she then come out pushing a cart with something on it. She tells me she will check again to see if it went through. She come back and says its ok to leave. I think that she just forgot about me. I get to the pharmacy and only 3 of four were called in. By that time the doctor that I saw is gone so I have to wait for the next day.

My problem is that this doctor an Indian lady ( not that that matters) is a good doctor. She told me things that no other doctor I have seen in this hospital ever did. She took the time to explain some things about the meds
that I didn't know , and I am someone who goes online and researches everything.

The positive: the doctor is good.

The negative: the nurse , one of the worst I've ever seen. Yet she seems to be a major force in this place. Also the neighborhood is not to great ( right next to a park where the homeless hang out). The office is way to small. The building is real big but whoever built the inside didn't do a very good job.

Just wondering if good doctors are just hard to find!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 528 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 07:37 pm
@mike marshell,
Complain to the doctor about the nurse. Just repeat what you wrote here.
0 Replies