Clinton Documentary Outlines Conspiracy

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:04 am
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/06/16/clinton.documentary.ap/index.html

Another series of filmed documents that historically outline the campaign to oust Clinton from office.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 794 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Letty

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:28 am
Hey, Mr. Wizard. Wow! Wonder if all this expose stuff will affect the election? Frankly, were Clinton eligible to run, I'd vote for him.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:36 am
"The Hunting of the President" opens this weekend, so go see it now (because you're going to want to see Farenheit 9/11 next weekend).

The zeal with which Kenneth Starr intimidated, harrassed, threatened, cajoled, prosecuted and even imprisoned some of the people caught in the blowback of this Republican-concocted scandal -- such as Susan McDougal -- will have you grinding your teeth.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:00 am
No mea culpa from Starr and Co. that they could find no evidence that the Clintons were involved in Whitewater and, in fact, that the Savings and Loan debacle goes back to half-hearted investigations of former presidents.
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 01:58 pm
"The Hunting of the President" premiered in Little Rock on June 15th. More than a thousand persons attended the charitable event. Susan McDougal (who appears in the film) and retired Gen. Wesley Clark were present. Bill Clinton's old friend Harry Thomason produced the documentary film.

For details go to:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/06/16/clinton.documentary.ap/index.html
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 03:55 pm
couzz, er, I think lightwizard already gave us that link.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:48 pm
Well, we know you just wanted to plug the video of "ER," but at least we know that nobody will miss the link!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:55 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 07:25 pm
Well. Letty I'm sorry...I did not notice Lightwizard's referral link in the first posting.

I do have a link for the Hollywood Reporter's review of 'The Hunting of the President' as follows:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040618/review_nm/review_film_hunting_dc_1

A SHORT EXCERPT:

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - The potent subject matter of this documentary adapted from the best-selling book by Joe Conason and Gene Lyons is unfortunately undercut by its tabloid-style execution.

Beginning with footage of Clinton's impeachment hearings, the film then flashes backward and outlines in considerable detail, using extensive archival footage and interviews with many of the figures involved, the many ways in which right-wing elements sought to undercut both Clinton's candidacy and his presidency. It is quite a cautionary tale for left wingers, even if it never quite manages to provide a sense of exactly why Clinton and wife Hillary so provoked the outsized animus of their political opponents.
0 Replies