If there was a civil war in your country...

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 11:47 am
That's generous of you McG... offering Poughkeepsie and all. Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 11:50 am
I think it will be the ugly people against the beautiful people. It will be a short war. As soon as the beautiful people realize that fighting might mean getting their hair and make-up mussed up, they will surrender without a shot fired.

And I will be on the fence about which side I should be on. I'm so damn beautiful on the outside, but inside, I'm a hideous brute.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:02 pm
Ajax Amsterdam vs Feyenoord Rotterdam, obviously.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:11 pm
Bill, sometimes I am generous to a fault... :wink:
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:17 pm
You mean that's a civil war? I thought it was reality TV.
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 02:11 pm
Here in Germany we wouldn't be able to start a civil war, even if everyone wanted to have one.

Germans are just good for discussing things. No actions here.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 03:16 pm
I think the New York northern limit should be the Tappan Zee Bridge.

Joe
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 03:32 pm
Soon there will be an uprising against the SUV owners. Raiders on Vespas or in Honda hybrids siphoning gas by moonlight. SUVers in turn will seize the gas stations, encircling them with their ponderous vehicles. Where will it end?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 05:57 pm
My guess is that in Oz it would be a war between the filthy rich & the "new poor" & under-employed, created by the effects of globalisation & very conservative (pro-rich & powerful) government policies. The outcome: Victory to the new poor ... because there are so many of us! Evil or Very Mad We'd have an Oz version of the French Revolution here!
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:25 pm
if we would have civil war in our country then it would surely be....
ah damn, we had war.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 06:26 pm
but some other would be about who should play in our national soccer team
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 08:31 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Too strange. Imagine all the treaties they'd suddenly not be part of. Alaska comes up with that idea occasionally, but we simply offer to kick their Asses. I'm sure that would work for you too. After all, you are talking about the French. :wink:

the scariest fact is that most of our military is made up of people frm quebec, the government at the time of the vote was making all sorts behind the scenes of plans on how to retain control of the military
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 08:50 pm
Just shoot off some fireworks or something. They'll surrender... after all, they're French.

I am just kidding of course. I wouldn't worry too much about your military, though... I don't think you have security issues. That is still too damn strange. I just read more about it here. I see they did it in 1980 then in 1995 and the increase in yes votes was dramatic. Will the vote again in 2010?
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 03:42 am
msolga wrote:
My guess is that in Oz it would be a war between the filthy rich & the "new poor" & under-employed, created by the effects of globalisation & very conservative (pro-rich & powerful) government policies. The outcome: Victory to the new poor ... because there are so many of us! Evil or Very Mad We'd have an Oz version of the French Revolution here!

Bloody oath! Vive la revolution mate! Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 06:41 pm
thehamster wrote:
Bloody oath! Vive la revolution mate! Laughing

Why thank you, hamster, comrade! Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 08:25 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I see they did it in 1980 then in 1995 and the increase in yes votes was dramatic. Will the vote again in 2010?

my theory is, let them have the vote, hell help them get the result they want, then tell them they have 48 hours to leave the country, but the province stays here, after all it's the people who want to leave, not the land they're standing on
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 08:45 pm
Damn djjd62! You take this pretty seriously, don't you?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 05:56 am
Well soccer is on my mind too at the moment myownusername.

I wasn't too impressed with Baric (? spelling sorry) saying it was Croatia's game plan to get Wayne Rooney sent off.

And Didulica said all's fair in love war and football. Well it isn't.
We in England invented the game and gave it rules. People who can't play by the rules shouldn't play. And neither should Ivica Olic as he failed a drugs test.

And another thing, why are Croat fans so keen on abusing black players?

Football is not war, it is a game.
0 Replies