Any good medicines for chronic backaches?

ArunK

Wed 25 Feb, 2015 12:28 am
Hi,

Could you suggest me any side-effect free, ayurvedic medicine for backaches?

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 2,264 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Wed 25 Feb, 2015 12:49 am
@ArunK,
Is that the one where a Thai lady stomps all over one's back and then offers some vague promise of a happy ending whilst her partner in crime snaffles one's wallet?

Or am I thinking of something else?
0 Replies

Ragman

Wed 25 Feb, 2015 08:15 am
@ArunK,
When your wallet is lighter, your backache might lessen.
Lordyaswas

Wed 25 Feb, 2015 08:35 am
@Ragman,
Ah! Confucius, eh?

Here's another one.

Man who has hole in pocket feels cocky all day.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 25 Feb, 2015 09:35 am
@ArunK,
According to my reading, a ayurvedic doctor is required, to prescribe just the right treatment for the individual. It is advised against experimenting on your own.
0 Replies

roger

Wed 25 Feb, 2015 03:46 pm
@Ragman,
Chiropractors have long known that thick billfolds in the hip pocket can cause serious backaches. Most of them have the knack for fixing the problem (by thinning down the billfold).
Ragman

Wed 25 Feb, 2015 04:42 pm
@roger,
Yeah, actually I was one of those whose Chiro told me about taking my billfold out of my back hip-pocket. I felt it odd that he requested I leave the wallet with him for safekeeping. By now his (then-)child is attending Harvard Univ. on my wallet's innards.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Wed 25 Feb, 2015 05:20 pm
I can vouch for steroidal injections in specific areas of the spine. My first series of them a month ago has done wonders for me. Be sure you go to someone who specializes in back ailments and injuries.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Sat 22 Aug, 2015 05:46 pm
@ArunK,
Depends on what's causing it? Impact injury, pinched nerve, sore muscles, etc. How to treat depends on nature of the cause.
mediancehealthcare

Mon 30 Jan, 2017 03:13 am
@HesDeltanCaptain,
Yeah it's bit time taking but it has great impact.
0 Replies

DrOleg

Mon 24 Apr, 2017 01:36 am
@ArunK,
Backaches can occur for many reasons such as muscle tension, improper diet, lack of physical activity, arthritis, excessive physical labor, poor sitting posture.
From back pain will help:
1)Systematic relaxation
2)Massage (in the ayurvedic tradition, regular oil massage, or snehana, is revered as a highly effective form of therapy for all sorts of ailments)
3)Eat warm foods (Because of the principle that like increases like, consuming cold food and drinks causes an increase in vata dosha, which leads to pain. Coldness creates constriction and congestion in the body, while the appropriate amount of heat provides expansion and allows the stool-carrying channels in the body (called srotas) to stay open so that we can optimally eliminate our food. And healthy elimination equals less pain.)
4)Aromatherapy (studies show that the essential oils of rosemary and thyme increase blood flow to muscles and create warmth, while peppermint and myrtle have temporary painkilling effects)
5)Herbs Turmeric and ginger help reduce inflammatory pain, while valerian, kava kava, chamomile, skullcap, passionflower, hops, and jatamansi (the “Indian valerian”) help combat tension-related pain.
6)Practice Padahastasana.
Padahastasana (standing forward fold pose) is a great Yoga pose for lower back pain in particular because it allows vata dosha to flow optimally throughout the body, eliminating the constriction of the channels that causes back pain.
0 Replies