A2K Fantasy Baseball for 2015!

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 08:41 pm
@McGentrix,
Of course, welcome, newguy. We like you already.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 11:08 pm
@McGentrix,
Great!
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 05:47 am
@McGentrix,
Yay, McGee!

I've passed the email address on to the Commish who will send the new guy
an invitation.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 06:40 am
Yay!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 04:41 pm
@Ragman,
I'm just remembering - didn't we have a category for players who might be moving from triple A to their big team? I forget what it was called, but we could keep a player or may it was two, on that list.
Ragman

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 04:56 pm
@ossobuco,
i don't recall that player category. Not familiar at all.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 04:59 pm
@Ragman,
I think it was there part of last year. I suppose it could have been in football but that makes less sense. I have a memory of waiting forever for someone to be called up. Might have been Polanco.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 08:27 pm
minimum number of innings needs to change. Set at 1 now. '

Is anyone going to be following Pancho's strategy of so many relief pitcher this season? Might I suggest a 20 inning minimum this year?
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 12:03 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I'm just remembering - didn't we have a category for players who might be moving from triple A to their big team? I forget what it was called, but we could keep a player or may it was two, on that list.

Yes, we had one "NA" roster spot last year.
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 12:05 am
@McGentrix,
Yes, we do need to increase that. I know we had a 10 inning minimum some years ago. How about 15?
Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 07:25 am
@Ticomaya,
I'd be OK with 15 innings and even 20 is not too harsh.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 09:35 am
@Ticomaya,
I think it was seven innings last year and maybe some years before. I don't remember ten but you were playing before I was.
Fifteen, hmm. I see it means we can't do all closers and holders, but I can imagine having a hairy week without doing that. Still, I'm usually way over minimum.. so, ok on 15, at least to try it out.

I just looked, and saw it's set at minimum 7, not 1.
Oh, and now I see the NA is there.

0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 11:46 am
I'd be down with a 15 IP minimum.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 02:17 pm
I'll relay this to the Commish.
Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 04:13 pm
@George,
Now that I understand the question...as to what the minimum innings of (weekly) pitching is about, 15 innings is fine for me. Iasn't that what you are asking?

I think the default setting to this league is set to 7 (at the moment I looked).
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 05:16 pm
@Ragman,
I think McG, who is usually right on re all this stuff, maid a typo (kidding, made).
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 05:21 pm
It was set to one, honest. It still is set to one. Where are you guys seeing 7? It has usually been 10 innings the years I have played.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 05:50 pm
Here - http://able2know.org/topic/267886-2#post-5909415
ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 06:04 pm
@ossobuco,
I just figured out a couple of things..
first, my whining earlier in this thread about not being able to see 200 players in a row was before I caught on to how to do that, somewhat tediously, but possible. Before, you could just click on 25 or one hundred or five hundred or a thousand, if you wanted to. Why would you want to - sometimes there are interesting players back there. Anyway, that's resolved, though I liked the way yahoo did it before better.

second, I've long whined about the trouble of ordering my preferred players. It has been years, years, that to move a guy from default where I've a nice list of not sure yet people, to preferred, he shifts right to the bottom. No problem if I just have five people there, but after some effort, I might have 200 transferred. It says you can drag and drop moving folks around, but I've not been able to. They didn't say that as clearly until this year. All these years, if I want to move a guy from 186 to 52, I have to tap tap tap 134 times. This is why I always want more than a week to do research.

No one really answered because, I figure, you all thought I was inept. Well, Spades did answer, but he didn't understand, for good reason. Yes, I'm inept, but not that inept. I use a 2006 iMac. Mac shut me off from upgrades quite a while ago (end of adobe flash), and yahoo shut me off just today re their new plans for email, though I had to switch to basic, they still let me in to email.

The answer to 1) let the site pick (but I enjoy reading about players) or 2), buy a new computer, which I can't do.

This is all ok, now that I get it, but it's a little tiring.

McGentrix

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 06:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Ah, I see. I thought you meant that it was set to 7 innings for this season. Well, I feel like an idiot now. I was looking at the current settings.