Colleges Not Sharing Exam Results with Students

kcstone

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 01:31 pm
In an effort to stop students from publishing college exams, colleges have implemented a policy where results from course exams are not shared with students. Is it ethical for a college to not share the test results from course exams with the students taking the exam?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 665 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 08:20 pm
@kcstone,
Do you have any links to articles supporting your assertion? I just did a google search on the phrase "colleges have implemented a policy where results from course exams are not shared with students" and could not find anything.

I'd like to read more about it before giving an opinion.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:19 pm
@Butrflynet,
I saw a headline to that effect, early today. I did not read it, but he didn't just dream this up.
0 Replies

kcstone

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 02:24 pm
@Butrflynet,
I haven't been able to find any articles either but it is the policy of the college I am attending currently. As the person being tested, I feel I should be allowed to see the results from my exam. How can I learn where I am lacking understanding in the subject if the information is not shared. How can I trust the exam was graded correctly. All tests are completed and graded electronically with no human interaction.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 04:20 pm
@kcstone,
Have you tried communicating your concerns to the professor? Maybe he/she would allow you to make an appointment to discuss and be shown the results.
0 Replies