Audio Commercials

snood

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 08:40 am
Even after I close whatever windows are open and I shut down the browser (which should disconnect me from the net), I have audio commercials playing through my speakers. Is this yet another form of malware, or is there something(I hope easier than figuring out which new anti-virus software to buy) I can do to stop this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 4,213 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 09:33 am
@snood,
The way I understand how the 'net disconnect occurs, the shutdown is not immediate, so whatever was playing will still play on. On my system I'd estimate 3-5 seconds off audio playing. I doubt the issue is malware-related.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 09:37 am
On my computer, I can shut down a youtube video, but the audio often continues to play for a bit. I don't know of a cure.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 12:12 pm
I solved it by just keeping the volume of the speakers off until there is something I want to hear. When it is done, the volume goes off again.
snood

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 08:04 pm
thanks, all. The weird thing about it is these things will start playing independent of whether I have recently watched any youtubes or any other videos. Commercials and PSAs, it sounds like. Weird.
roger

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 08:25 pm
@snood,
I have noticed a trend to non youtube videos that start when you open the site. I have seen some with no way to stop, short of closing all internet tabs.

Intrusive, isn't it.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 07:07 am
@Butrflynet,
i do the same.
0 Replies