220 Volt Electrical Switch

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 02:14 pm
Hello All
I am looking to purchase or make an electrical switch that I can connect four welders to and have only one come on at a time. Does anyone know where I can purchase on, what it's official name would be, what I should expect to pay for one, would I have to have one custom made. volts are 220 single phase and amps are 50. Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 857 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 02:01 pm
Probably need a bit more information on this. What type of welders? Is the 50amps based on the NEC Duty cycle and welder type? Circuit and switch requirements for welders (such as Resistance Welders) are usually lower than the rated primary current. Article 630 of the NEC will provide you with sizing requirements for your welders. If you find you can get by with a 40amps or lower switch then I would suggest Sprecher+Schuh. They make mullti-position Cam-Switches and just about what ever configuration you could require.
0 Replies

Related Topics

Main Breaker Tripped 2x - Question by decadent
240 Why - Question by lenchase
Electrical Wiring Question - Question by cdime
electrical showers - Question by grains93
6000W cooktop circuit - Question by 1hairycanary
Tempory power supply - Question by 51 nelson
  1. Forums
  2. » 220 Volt Electrical Switch
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 02/01/2023 at 04:23:23