Average Age?

JLNobody

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:31 pm
C.I., you and I are in the same age grade. I feel very young too. Isn't it strange how fast the years have past, and we feel like we have not changed--much? I'm the same kid in an older body. Is that true for you too?

Region. No, that would not have been funny.
0 Replies

tcis

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 05:20 pm
I would have thought there would be many more here under 30.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 09:49 pm
I think I post more than the average A2Ker because I am retired. I go from one activity to another, including sitting at the PC and making posts. I wonder how many people post while at work. Many of the daytime posters must be retired. I sometimes wonder who is as old as me.
0 Replies

ReX

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 04:03 pm
JLNobody wrote:
I'm rapidly approaching 70, and I can outwork a man twice my age.

Laughing

Anyway, I'm 18.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
--Albert Einstein (03/14/1879-1955)
Wink

And in the spirit of people's opinions of inner age varying:
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind ... it doesn't matter

And another quote I tend to agree with:
Age doesn't always bring wisdom. Sometimes age comes alone.

The simply truth as I have seen unstated is as follows: The older you are the more chance you've experienced more and therefor the higher the odds are that you might have learned more.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 04:08 pm
41, and except for all the aches and pains, the inability to sprint without pulling something, odd medications my doctor has prescribed, and the grey hairs, I feel like 25.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 05:26 pm
It IS true: getting old is not for sissys. I have a continuous background of pain, mainly aching joints (torn shoulder tendon, osteo-arthritis, shortened muscles, etc.). But I don't even notice them anymore. It's like background noise; not music, noise.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:09 pm
Actually, looking at this again, my vote is only correct for one more week. Nooo! I don't want to grow up, and have to declare a major, and actually get a job! No! *protests*

Seriously though, I am afraid of turning 20. For no apparent reason. It's just got a big scary zero in it.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:19 pm
Hi, Rufio. I understand what you mean. I felt a bit anxious about leaving my teens. I don't think it was because of the big scary zero, but who knows? I can't remember that far back. Now I'm facing the big scary zero in 70. But it's not too scary. You have a whole life ahead of you. I envy you and wish you luck.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:21 pm
yeah - 20 sucks, man. seriously. better enjoy those last days of the enjoyable part of your life while you still can ... i mean it, man. soon, it'll all be over, and you'll end up fleeing the misery that is life over 20 and spending all your time here ...

its sad. but what can you do, when you're over twenty-two?*

*("twenty" didnt rhyme)
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:30 pm
Oh, I don't know, my teens weren't terribly enjoyable anyway, at least not until I got out of high school. It's just a whole new self-definition thing, you know? It's wierd.
0 Replies

bromeliad

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 10:08 pm
You're older than you've ever been
And now you're even older
And now you're even older
And now you're older still
Time
keeps marching on
And Time
is still marching on

~They Might Be Giants
0 Replies

why

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 10:17 pm
--
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 10:52 pm
Ah, I am older, but younger than that now.

I was 25 the year Time magazine's Man of the Year* was a generic Twenty Five year old person, which means it must have been in 1966 or 1967. Which was when a lot of things livened up, as has been written about many times since. I am rather glad I was around then and before and this long after. My only quibble is one most may get to appreciate - it all goes so fast. I would like some decades, or if not decades, particular years, to expand.

* I think they added women at some point, or did they?
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:01 am
Just reached the half-century mark. It's not as bad as they said it would be..... what was it that they said? Can't seem to remember ....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:12 am
tcis wrote:
Okay, there's actually someone under 10 who has been here?

I highly doubt it. There is a minimum age requirement here, and I'm pretty sure it's older than ten. Slappy's probably playin' with ya.

shewolf....someone's been tracking your posts? Shocked They should get a life.

I'm 33, and I can post frequently here as I work from home, and get insomnia on occasion. I've always felt older, but then I think of my fondness for fart jokes, and all is good.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 03:47 pm
Laughing u said "fart"!
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:49 pm
March 9, 1941
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:58 pm
42 for a few more days.