People who don't collect stamps are sometimes anti-science.

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 09:46 pm
Yes, it is true. It is possible to not collect stamps and still reject certain things that are widely accepted by the scientific community. In fact, I know people who don't collect stamps and also reject climate change.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 872 • Replies: 8
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 08:52 am
@maxdancona,
This thread, from four years ago, is feeling a little jealous.

You see, the atheism thread, which is about people who don't believe in god now has 13,483 responses... and it is still growing at a rate of at least a page a day of angry posts.

This thread about people who don't collect stamps has received 0 responses.

The point is that people who simply don't collect stamps don't make thousands of angry posts about people who do collect stamps. They simply ignore the stamp collectors and go on with what makes them happy.

People who don't believe in any god should do the same. There really isn't a good reason for you to be outraged simply because you don't believe something.

When I said "non-stamp-collecting" is a religion... no one got upset or even paid me any mind.

I think Atheism is a religion... Atheists act much the same as the proponents of any other religion.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 08:58 am
@maxdancona,
The Atheism thread now is a receptacle of propaganda against other religions.

It is the Athiests saying "our religion is better than yours".
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 12:13 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I think Atheism is a religion... Atheists act much the same as the proponents of any other religion.

Correct. By making reference to God in its name, it is a theological stance.

Really no stance/perspective is devoid from theology, since thinking about the universe in terms of a creator is just one aspect of religion.

Some new-age people now talk about God without using the word, "God," by describing "the universe" in terms of agency, e.g. "the universe punishes mistakes."

It's the same as talking in terms of "God," only using "the universe" instead of making reference to a creator/lord/etc of it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 12:47 pm
@maxdancona,
People who do collect stamps are sometimes anti-science.

There! I didn't want you to feel neglected.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 06:31 pm
@maxdancona,
Get a new hobby max. This attempt at, who knows what, is just bonkers.

During my on and off sojourn into philately (never was a truly dedicated philatelist), I can't recall religion or climate being brought up for discussion. Some likely were atheists and agnostics probably existed in there too. Along with folks from possibly all religion basking sorts. (this does not mean that I have met people of all religions, merely an example).

Or did you mean food stamps or tobacco product stamps?

They'd be about the same as the postage stamp types.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 06:48 pm
@Sturgis,
Get a new Hobby? The Atheism thread is now 676 pages of religious nonsense from Atheists declaring how unreligious their religion is.

When this thread gets past 100 pages, then you can tell me to get a hobby.

The Atheism thread... now that is bonkers.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2020 06:57 pm
@maxdancona,
You obviously didn't comprehend what I wrote.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2020 07:01 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

During my on and off sojourn into philately (never was a truly dedicated philatelist), I can't recall religion or climate being brought up for discussion.

Have there never been any stamps with religious themes?

I wonder if climate reform could be a stamp theme? It probably wouldn't make sense to do that, though, since paper/snail mail uses more energy and trees than sending information digitally via the internet.
0 Replies