How to wire a high temp limit switch

cwk266

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 03:11 pm
I want to wire a high temp safety switch where by a temp of 100f in either of 2 zones would open the circuits to 2 separate 110 volt 15 amp loads.I would like the safety to be manual reset if trigger point is reached.I was looking at snap action disk thermostats that had the switch capabilities of 110 volt 15 amp,manual reset was an option but am having trouble finding one that has a 100f trigger.Then I looked at using line voltage thermostats but could not find manual reset.This is for a farm application and the equipment used does not need to be pin point accurate several degrees one way or the other is fine.Sure would appreciate any input on equipment to use and how to wire it.I should add that it will be indoors.Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 567 • Replies: 1
No top replies

bahtah

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 11:41 pm
@cwk266,
Not knowing where the temp needs monitoring and that you said a thermostat is accurate enough I would suggest you use your thermostat.
Use a cooling thermostat as the contacts will close when the Temp rises.
Run 120 volts through the Stat to energize the off circuit of a two pole mechanically-held 20 amp contactor. Install a momentary pushbutton to reset the contactor to the closed position manually.
0 Replies