What nothing about Super Bowl commercials?

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 07:37 am
Now after still glowing about the Patriots incredible win --- we still need to talk about the commercials...thoughtss?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,729 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:11 am
@Linkat,
I liked the center seat doritos and the Brady Bunch take (but then again I am a huge Brady Bunch fan). Also liked the run like girl ad for Always - especially having girls that are athletes.

The dead kid thing - one quite the right placement for that sort of ad.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:20 am
I loved the one that says "If you are on the one yard line and have one of the most unstoppable running backs in all of football...you should throw a pass into the middle of the defense where all the defenders are massing."

I think it starred Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson...with a guest appearance by defensive back, Malcolm Butler.

That one was a gas!
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:20 am
@Frank Apisa,
Oh...Brady played a great game...the commercials were okay.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
I wonder what people would be saying about that pass play had it worked, or what they would have been saying had the Patriots stuffed the run play 3 times.
Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:41 am
Although I have to say I loved that last "ad"being a Bostonian - or at least I work there -live outside of the city. There is a super bowl thread. Curious the thoughts on any of the ads.

And to add to Max - my thought was Pete Carroll was trying to do a Belichick - make a gutsy move to win rather than make the safe move -- the problem being he isn't Belichick and therefore in Bill's usual way he was able to forsee this move and as Butler said --- we had just prepared for this.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:51 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I wonder what people would be saying about that pass play had it worked, or what they would have been saying had the Patriots stuffed the run play 3 times.

I know whatcha mean, Max. I hate Monday morning quarterbacking myself...so I decided to post that remark here in a thread devoted to commercials. I'm going to avoid any threads devoted to the game itself...except to say I thought it was a great game.

Fact is, I thought this game was one of the best SuperBowl games I've ever seen...and I've seen 'em all. It was a terrific game...and both teams played their hearts out.

Congratulations to you as a Pat's fan. Brady showed he is one of the greats...and that receiver corps is something to dream about. Gronk looked like a tank.

Still...even you gotta think that with three downs to do it and the ball on the one...Marshawn Lynch seemed the better bet. My comment to Nancy before the play was started was, "...three downs to do it...and Marshawn Lynch available. Ya don't have to wonder what they are gonna do."

I thought you could take the call to the bank.

I was wrong again.

engineer

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:53 am
@maxdancona,
They'd probably say the puppy commercial was pretty good but not as good as last year and the Kardashian commercial was stupid but really effective as everyone seems to be talking about it. I thought it was funny. The Couric commercial for BMW and the Brady Bunch commercials were great but my kids didn't get them.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:53 am
@Linkat,
Am I wrong, Link...or were there more celebrity faces in the commercials last night than usual (even for a Super Bowl)?

Famous faces all over the place.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:56 am
@engineer,
I had seen the Bryant Gumble/Katie Couric commercial earlier (they gave a preview of it on one of the news shows)...and loved it. It highlights how fast we've come to where we are.

And highlighted to me how far behind I am now. I had no idea of what the car thingy was all about. Still don't.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:57 am
@engineer,
I also got a good laugh at the Lindsay Lohan commercial (and the Breaking Bad one on the same theme.) Might as well poke fun at yourself.
Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 08:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
The thing is with both these teams - you don't know what is going to happen - you cannot underestimate either one. You have seen both of them do it - come back when it seems there is no chance.

When the Pats got that last TD to get ahead, I told the kids don't get excited Seattle is capable to come back within 2 minutes.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 09:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
I thought so -- there seemed to be many --

I did like the doggy commercial it was cute -- but to be honest I think the cute puppy is overplayed at this point. The kids loved that one though.

And I am really glad they didn't seem to be watching the blue bill one -- how to explain that without them getting a disgusting look - I love when my teen will ask me something like that and I start to explain and then get the too much information mom.
engineer

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 09:04 am
@engineer,
My favorite line from the Brady Bunch commercial was "an eye for an eye," slams the ax into the table, "that's what Dad always says."
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 07:23 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I also got a good laugh at the Lindsay Lohan commercial (and the Breaking Bad one on the same theme.) Might as well poke fun at yourself.

Hey at least she's working again.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 12:47 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
. . . but to be honest I think the cute puppy is overplayed at this point . . .
Amen, sister!
0 Replies