The Bride Of Christ

neologist

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 11:18 pm
@Ionus,
Sorry. I don't visit off site links, especially those loaded with straw men and non sequiturs.

Put it in your own words.
neologist

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 11:50 pm
@Squeakybro,
So, you cite the Hebrew text when it suits you; but you deny it when it causes you to think.

Thanks for that insight. We shall keep it in mind.

However, as usual, you have mis applied what was written.
Ionus

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 04:21 am
@neologist,
Not a problem. The Book of Genesis begins with two contradictory creation accounts (1:1-2:3 and 2:4-3:24).

The first is a description of the universe including man and woman and its creation. First Plants are created, then man and woman are created together at the same time, then animals. It refers to God, and has the simplicity found in the Priest collection.

The second has man created, then plants, then animals and woman last. It refers to the Lord God and has the high respect found in the YHWH collection.

In the first, animal life is created from the water, in the second it is created from the ground.

In the first, man can eat from every tree, in the second he must not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Quote:
I don't visit off site links, especially those loaded with straw men and non sequiturs.
How do you know this ?

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 04:34 am
@Ionus,
Where do you get that?
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 04:35 am
@neologist,
What are straw men?
Ionus

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 04:35 am
@Squeakybro,
Quote:
Where do you get that?
Do you mean which version of the Bible ? There are 50 or more, did you know ?
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 04:36 am
@neologist,
What are you talking about?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 04:39 am
@Squeakybro,
Don't you have Google?

Quote:
A straw man is a common reference argument and is an informal fallacy based on false representation of an opponent's argument. To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 04:53 am
@izzythepush,
When people go outside the Word to carnality for help in an argument its always filled with guile. And most of the time with their own version. Which is always perverted. It cant be done spiritually.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 05:03 am
@Squeakybro,
How is a straw man argument remotely carnal? How for that matter is a dictionary definition of a tea cup carnal? If it wasn't for the outside world you'd still be living in a tree, eating the lice off your fellow born again Christian's backs and flashing your red bottoms at passersby. For someone who claims not to be carnal you sure go on about it a lot. Most of us can go on Wikipedia and read an article about the Gross Domestic Product without feeling any pangs of arousal whatsoever.
Ionus

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 05:08 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Most of us can go on Wikipedia and read an article about the Gross Domestic Product without feeling any pangs of arousal whatsoever.

Embarrassed ahhh.....I cant.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 05:21 am
@izzythepush,
Do you even know what carnal means??? It is anything that is not a verse from the Word of God.
Ionus

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 05:43 am
@Squeakybro,
carnal
ˈkɑːn(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: carnal

relating to physical, especially sexual, needs and activities.
"carnal desire"
synonyms: sexual, sensual, erotic, lustful, lascivious, libidinous, lecherous, licentious, lewd, prurient, salacious, coarse, gross, lubricious, venereal;
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 06:00 am
@Squeakybro,
You're the one who has problems with words, not me. You believe what you do because you're very stupid. I think you're probably the stupidest person I've ever met, and it's not like I haven't met a lot of people. That's not to say all Christians are stupid, they're not, I've met some very intelligent Christians.

Only the very very stupid could believe the nonsense you spout, none of it stand up to the most cursory of examinations. Your slack jawed "lololo," whenever challenged is further evidence of your inability to argue coherently. And your ludicrous claim to be to be part of a group that has some particular insight is pure fantasy.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 06:22 am
@Ionus,
CARNAL OR SPIRITUAL MINDED
Matt 12:25
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.
Acts 14:4
4 But the multitude of the city was divided: part sided with the Jews, and part with the apostles.
Matt 12:34
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
Matt 12:37
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
Matt 6:24
24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
Luke 16:13
13 "No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon."
Luke 16:14-15
14 Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, also heard all these things, and they derided Him.
15 And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
James 4:7-8
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
1 Pet 5:9
9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
II Th 2:10-12
10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
John 12:48
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
John 17:16-19
16 "They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 "And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
Rev 2:7
7 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God."'
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Phil 3:12-17
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
(NKJ)
xxx We are all born carnally minded. And we grow up with the carnal language. And we use carnal logic and reasoning. But to be spiritually minded one must be born again. Born again is purging the carnal mind. Spiritually minded is being able to answer all questions with the verses.

1 Cor 15:34-38
34 Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.
35 But someone will say, "How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?"
36 Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies.
37 And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain-- perhaps wheat or some other grain.
38 But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 06:24 am
@izzythepush,
lol You have a very carnal opinion of Christians. It figures.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 06:32 am
@Squeakybro,
I made a point in saying that not all Christians are idiots. You clearly are an idiot. Don't tar all Christians with your simplistic brush.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 06:50 am
@izzythepush,
I think your finger is out running your mind. What does " Don't tar " mean?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 06:58 am
@Squeakybro,
You're going to have to study a carnal dictionary of phrases to find that out. It is quite a common expression however, anyone who had a basic education should have heard of it.

Btw, I don't consider you a Christian. I have met many decent, intelligent Christians, and to call you one would be a grave insult to those people.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 07:23 am
@izzythepush,
ROFLOL The one basic thing that the bible teaches is to purge all carnality. So why in the world would I want to study a carnal dictionary? And your opinion of me or any Christian is about as valuable as a pop cycle in Alaska.