Need Advice on Child Support

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 01:28 pm
Hi, I had hooked up with a girl in California few times. She has come back claiming child support. I am not USA resident and live in India. Given my salary in India, I doubt if I can support child in USA. I dont know if I am father as well, but there is likelihood I might be. I roughly earn $1700pm. What will be the estimated child support? Are there any other solution?
Thanks in advance.
Mike
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,281 • Replies: 10

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 01:45 pm
What does "come back"mean?

Filed legal papers? Threatening you over the phone?

Why have you not stepped up to support this child, anyway?
jcboy

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:24 pm
@Mike2015,
Why not get a paternity test first and if you are the father start supporting your child?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:34 pm
@Mike2015,
jcboy is correct.

Begin by requesting a paternity test.
0 Replies

Mike2015

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 06:35 am
@jcboy,
Thanks for your answer.
Yes test sound to be the right start. I am trying to estimate child support cost (if its mine) in USA and read on some forums. It seems to be $100 per week to $200 per week. Another option could be to get child to India; it could be financially more feasible.
dale humphrey

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 05:31 am
@PUNKEY,
who would step up and pay for a child thats not theres? if you wanna pay the terrorist in washington dc for me, go rite ahead scumbag.
0 Replies

dale humphrey

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 05:33 am
@Mike2015,
You have nothing to worry about, if you owe child support in america, they block you from a VISA, if you come to america the financial terrorist cell know as child support will trap you behind enemy lines.
0 Replies

dale humphrey

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 05:35 am
@jcboy,
what the hell did i just read? get a paternity test AND why not already pay? are you stupid or a member of the axis of evil (local state federal...)
0 Replies

dale humphrey

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 05:36 am
@Mike2015,
the united states government will rob you blind and throw you in prison if you dont pay, welcome to the land of the free.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 08:14 am
Dale - your rantings don't help the OP with his issues.

Please save your rants for another web site.

Here, we DISCUSS things.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 12:04 pm
@Mike2015,
Yes, you should get a paternity test.

You are under Indian law, not US law. I would talk to an Indian lawyer about what your responsibilities are. India and the US don't seem to have a treaty to deal with Child Support. You might not have any legal obligation. http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/css/international

Of course you may still feel you have a moral obligation, but in that case it would be a matter of you making an agreement with the mother (US law would have nothing to do with this).

You should talk to a local family lawyer.
0 Replies