7
   

Is there a possible universe where the laws of logic and math are different from what we know?

 
 
Lustig Andrei
 
  1  
Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Lustig Andrei wrote:

There's only one thing in that screed with which I disagree, Fil. 'Reality' is subjective. What seems 'real' to you, may seem like a fantasy to me. What seems 'real' to me may be a hallucination to you. (I use the word 'seems' because none of us know, or can know, what the ultimate reality actually is.)



But the thing is that REALITY may be something completely divorced from what it "seems" to you or me or anyone.

Whatever REALITY is...it cannot be subjective...it has to be objective, because whatever it is...it IS.

It appears none of us knows what the ultimate REALITY is...but that does not mean that what it "seems" to us...is a subjective reality. It simply is what reality seems to us to be.

But the REALITY is whatever it actually IS.



Y'know, Frank, that comes awfully close to being comprehensible. Almost.
0 Replies
 
Lustig Andrei
 
  1  
Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:12 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Gibberish !


http://static.sfdict.com/staticrep/dictaudio/B00/B0051600.mp3?clickid=318cb2a555abf0529b6bdb1fe3231395
0 Replies
 
SH
 
  2  
Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 07:13 pm
@aja2015,
Yes this is why the multiverse theory exists. Lets look back at the beginning. BANG! The tiny little point begins to expand into what we know to be the universe today but lets say gravity was a little bit higher than the constant we actually know it to be, then swoosh the universe collapses back in on itself. Our universe had just the perfect speed of light, gravitational constant ect ect for the universe to form. Now as scientists do not believe in happenstance this cannot be as unlikely as it seems? There is no way that this is the only universe but yet has the perfect conditions to both form, function and contain life? The only soloution that appears to present itself suggests that there must be many other universes that have there own seperate laws. Now as this number must be near infinite so some must be like ours, others collapsed in on themselves as soon as they were formed, in one we probably all live off cockroaches cause there all thats left and yes it's possible in at least one mathmatics is fundamentally different? But I suppose the real truth is we have no clue whats in the others or if they are even there, we cannot really prove it ( at least not with current technology) so your guess is as good as mine and is as good as that cockroach's
0 Replies
 
north
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 05:51 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Paradox and contradiction are part and parcel of our experience, dale, or we wouldn't be able to entertain the concepts. Is it possible that I am wrong about this? Of course. Anything is possible; therefire nothing is impossible.


This , Anything is possible; therefore nothing is impossible is not logical at all.

For example :

A tree cannot become stainless steel
timur
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 06:02 pm
North, going south, wrote:
A tree cannot become stainless steel
It's quite possible to imagine it can, based on the knowledge we have on nuclear transmutation: lead and bismuth can be changed into gold.

Maybe not right now but in a not so far future.

I admit that the other way around can be a lot more difficult.


north
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 06:05 pm
@north,

Anyway

This Universe of different laws of logic and mathematics is confusing the two.

Unless you are talking about the logic of Mathematics in this Universe .

Mathematics is based on the geometry or shapes , three dimensionally , in any Universe .

Otherwise Logic can be found in Universe
0 Replies
 
north
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 06:17 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

North, going south, wrote:
A tree cannot become stainless steel
It's quite possible to imagine it can, based on the knowledge we have on nuclear transmutation: lead and bismuth can be changed into gold.

Maybe not right now but in a not so far future.

I admit that the other way around can be a lot more difficult.




Your example is logically flawed

A tree is a living thing , neither bismuth or lead is a living or alive thing

0 Replies
 
timur
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 06:49 pm
Quote:
Your example is logically flawed

A tree is a living thing , neither bismuth or lead is a living or alive thing
You obviously don't have the slightest idea that even the living matter is composed of atoms and molecules.

Therefore changing the number of electrons and protons on the atom changes its intrinsic nature.

That the living thing will become inert, that's inherent to the process.


north
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 09:00 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Quote:
Your example is logically flawed

A tree is a living thing , neither bismuth or lead is a living or alive thing
You obviously don't have the slightest idea that even the living matter is composed of atoms and molecules.

Therefore changing the number of electrons and protons on the atom changes its intrinsic nature.

That the living thing will become inert, that's inherent to the process.



But how do you get living cells to become stainless steel ?

And living at the same time ?

0 Replies
 
timur
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 09:09 pm
North wrote:
But how do you get living cells to become stainless steel ?
I told you already, by transmutation. Click on my previous link.

and wrote:
And living at the same time ?


No, I answered that here:

Timur wrote:
That the living thing will become inert, that's inherent to the process.
north
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 09:28 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

North wrote:
But how do you get living cells to become stainless steel ?
I told you already, by transmutation. Click on my previous link.


Nonsence

and wrote:
And living at the same time ?


No, I answered that here:

Timur wrote:
That the living thing will become inert, that's inherent to the process.


But not part of the living
0 Replies
 
timur
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 09:46 pm
Well, if you are not ready to understand what I've been telling you or read the link, than that's it..
north
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 10:40 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Well, if you are not ready to understand what I've been telling you or read the link, than that's it..


You are full of BS

You are trying to compare living with non- living
timur
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 10:45 pm
@north,
You really are not understanding, I'm not doing such thing.

I told you already that changing the atoms of the living matter makes them becoming inert (dead)..

Calling bullshit what is being done in research labs is just showing the limits of your comprehension.
north
 
  1  
Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 10:55 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

You really are not understanding, I'm not doing such thing.

I told you already that changing the atoms of the living matter makes them becoming inert (dead)..

Calling bullshit what is being done in research labs is just showing the limits of your comprehension.


Transformation is everyday .

What your asking me to think upon is that a tree could become living stainless steel , tree

0 Replies
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 04:46 am
There are ways in which water is totally different from air and ways in which is just like it...whatever maths there might be and whatever patterns there might be they all patterns anyway...
0 Replies
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 03:30 am
This is pretty much like asking if there is a way for white to turn black...obviously the answer is no there isn't.
...and it has nothing to do with how much maths our own bubble Universe lacks or has from the "realm" of complete mathematics...
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

How can we be sure? - Discussion by Raishu-tensho
Proof of nonexistence of free will - Discussion by litewave
morals and ethics, how are they different? - Question by existential potential
Destroy My Belief System, Please! - Discussion by Thomas
Star Wars in Philosophy. - Discussion by Logicus
Existence of Everything. - Discussion by Logicus
Is it better to be feared or loved? - Discussion by Black King
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 06/15/2021 at 05:37:14