What highschool should i go to?

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 02:52 pm
I am a girl in 8th grade and I currently go to a private catholic school. It is my first year at a private school because I've gone to public school all of my life but last year all of my friends turned on me so i decided to change schools. Now, its time to decide about highschool and I applied (and got accepted in) to a private catholic highschool which everyone who goes there says they love but I play hockey, field hockey, and lacrosse, and they only have lacrosse at the school and their sports aren't that good. But the public highschool in my town, which my siblings go to, is the best highschool for sports in the state. But if I go to that highschool I have to deal with all the people that turned on me last year and I dont know if I want to do that. Sports is a big part of my life and i dont know what to do. Please help. Also, most of my friends that i have met at my new school this year are going to the catholic school next year.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,758 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 03:03 pm
@Sjdjkxixoss,
That is tough .. I have two girls who are involved in sports so I can I understand why this would be dificus for you.

I wonder how big your publicense school is... is it large enough you can make other friends? Besides those friends that you had difficulty with?

The other thing is if you play sports ... yout almost make natural friends wig your teammates. Also kids your age do change alot. maybe some of these girls will change..

The other thing is ...is there other sports you are interested in within the private school maybe you could find a new sport to try.

I think you need to work out which is more important to you and if you can potentially make new friends if you go to the public school.

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 11:10 am
@Sjdjkxixoss,
Sjdjkxixoss wrote:

I am a girl in 8th grade and I currently go to a private catholic school. It is my first year at a private school because I've gone to public school all of my life but last year all of my friends turned on me so i decided to change schools. Now, its time to decide about highschool and I applied (and got accepted in) to a private catholic highschool which everyone who goes there says they love but I play hockey, field hockey, and lacrosse, and they only have lacrosse at the school and their sports aren't that good. But the public highschool in my town, which my siblings go to, is the best highschool for sports in the state. But if I go to that highschool I have to deal with all the people that turned on me last year and I dont know if I want to do that. Sports is a big part of my life and i dont know what to do. Please help. Also, most of my friends that i have met at my new school this year are going to the catholic school next year.

Taking things here at face value, this poster may be past her freshmen year of college (if she had chosen to go that route). I wonder which college/university she chose and how the current COVID situation is affecting her current school status (especially because she never came back or gave any relevant context beyond this brief OP).
chai2

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 11:54 am
@tsarstepan,
I wondered when reading through this why the word “parents” was never mentioned.

Unless I missed it.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 01:22 pm
@Sjdjkxixoss,
High school is not middle school. Social dynamics change pretty quickly and you've been gone a year already. Joining a sports team also changes that dynamic, you join a different peer group with different leaders and different things they value. If the only value you see in the private school is the escape from people who you had problems with in seventh grade, I would say try the public school.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 01:32 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

High school is not middle school.

I am pretty sure she's graduated from high school already. This is a 5-year-old thread that was brought up by a spammer who's post was deleted about the same time I posted.
0 Replies

Tinamary911

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 03:36 am
@Linkat,
Considering the current situation , I'd suggest online schooling. I can do school anytime anywhere at my own pace plus it's way better than traditional schooling.
0 Replies