Severe Spinal Steno-sis with mass affect on the Cuada Equina?

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 09:17 pm
Vet caught up in the Phoenix VA scandal crapola and was wondering if someone could share some insight with me on my recent MRI report while I wait for my March appointment with the Neurologist.

I had emergency surgery in November 2013, (complete [but fading] paralysis from the waste down), and was in a back brace through March of last year. They removed a sinovial cist at my L-2/3 and did some pins and stuff and, what one of the two surgeons told me, "installed two cadaver discs". I'm still experiencing un-explained chronic pain.

I had a post surgery MRI and X-rays done last month and the printed results report that I have is all medical jibberish to me, but it does mention bulges, tears and, most troubling, an interaction of something with a "nerve root".

I'm not asking for medical advice of any sort here, rather, I am just seeking some interpretation of the report that I have so that I don't have to wait another 60 days to hear it from a VA doctor. I will still see him, but I'd like to know now if I could "what's up" with my lower spine. Remember, I did experience complete paralysis which lead to my emergency surgery.

I have the detailed printed report and the images on disc. But basically, I just have some worry about the "nerve root" part.

Thank you for your consideration.
Jake Jacobus
[email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 519 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2015 10:39 pm
@jakeinmesaaz,
I feel your pain. I have learned a lot about the structure of the spine in the year since I broke a couple vertebrae and dislocated my pelvis. What I did was google all the technical terms I didn't understand. It helped me better communicate the specifics of my subsequent chronic pain.

I learned a lot about the l5 lumbar area from this site. Hope it helps and hope your back keeps improving.

http://www.cleaverspine.com/radiculopathy.htm
0 Replies