Seperate resin tank from salt tank.

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 01:12 pm
My water softener is located in the basement. I will be 80 years old before the end of the year and it is getting to be a hassle to carry the salt through the house and down the stairs. I notice the resin tank and the salt tank are connected by a small tube. My question is can I buy a longer tube and move the salt tank to the garage? It would take about 60 feet of tubing and the garage is about 8 feet higher than the basement. The softener is a Uniflex, model 5P236/TS0800 if that makes any difference.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,272 • Replies: 2
No top replies

RayEGarcia

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 12:21 am
If your water softener i not working properly then change it and buy a longer tube and move the tank to the garage.
0 Replies

CynthiaGaines

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 11:26 pm
Verify whether your water conditioner is spending salt at its consistent rate. If it happens, and you have no delicate water, the pitch bed has most likely ended up immersed with iron stores or been harmed by chlorine and can never again be recovered by the brine. In the event that it isn't utilizing much or any salt, the issue is in all likelihood the resin bed isn't getting energized with saline solution water by any means. Yes, you can move the tank to garage.
0 Replies