Is it possible to rebuild a life from homeless?

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 06:43 am
Is it possible to rebuild life from homeless?
What are some options besides transitional shelter program or seek government or church assistance to rebuild life?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,857 • Replies: 14
No top replies

able4cash

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 11:32 am
@USMGRAHAM,
Yes, it's entirely possible, you just need people that can vouch for your charachter, please see the other post about Civil Disobediance where I kind of went on a long rant about the housing associations and sub-let's with lettings agencies. You are far better off in my opinion, finding your own place to Let, if they have to be nosey and ask what you do for a living, you dont exactly have to spill your guts with the truth, because the truth makes em run scared, you dont have to have your welfare paid direct to the agent, you can have it paid to yourself and then you pay it to the agent, so that way they dont even know your unemployed!? The Social security people are generally OK with that, because they know that Lettings Agencies and Landlords have funny idea's about there ideal tennants! The amount of advertising i've seen for property and room's to rent privately and they all stipulate no DSS (Department of Social Security) in my experiance people that wont accept DSS are usually people that have something to hide about there own tax returns.

Case in Point: Five years ago when I was homeless and on the streets I met some chick in a wheel-chair an she was selling the local homeless rag (magazine) five years later and I respond to an advertisment for a room to Let for 500 a month (tearing my hair out wondering if I could swing that much) I agree to go see the room... Guess who was waiting to show me the room? Yeap, the same lady, who is still sitting outside the public train-station for that area five years later and still claiming she's homeless, dont worry I've already told the local rag. If she doesnt have the ID card and she doesnt have the Jacket but she's coming it with "i'm still homeless!" I imagine the local fuzz will be having some very choice words with her, disabled or not! Five years later and still in the same spot! Not on your life! A very clever little scam none the less, I wonder if I should go wave as they grab her for fraud!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 11:47 am
There is no such thing as DSS, at least not at the federal level. The organization which accounts for tax withholding and issues social security benefits is the SSA, the Social Security Administration. Frankly, i think you're willfully peddling BS, for whatever purposes of your own, and i think it stinks. Did you come here thinking people are sufficiently ignorant and credulous that you an peddle anything to them?
able4cash

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 11:55 am
@Setanta,
Well thats a charming reply, do I know you personally? Do you live in the UK?

Well if the answer to either of those two questions is no, then dont try to compair apple's with orange's, because our system is probably totally differant, in the UK it's the DSS not the SSA.

People retain there dignity, maybe that's a difficult concept for you to grasp, that not everybody that's homeless is some "crack" smoking good for nothing but it's swiftly made opinions like that, that dont ease matters when your looking for housing!

My last landlord ran off with a 580 deposit, then fiddled his contract to make it say I'd only paid him 200, want to see, I can scan the contract and let you read the fine print along with the notice from the waterboard about Bailiffs due to be in attendance to recover the 599 outstanding before he ran off!

It was after he disappeared, along with his financial accountant, that I get a notice from another property managment company claiming I owed the 499 in overdue rent, yet when I glanced at my bank statements, the rent went out via direct transfer for the periods they're trying to claim it for!

It's extortion according to the citizens advice but apparently it's legal because it's got a clause in the contract!
able4cash

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 12:24 pm
@able4cash,
Under the 13 week housing rule we have here, I am now no longer eligable to claim support for 13 week's so this mean's I now have to rough it, from someone else's complete and utter greed and negligence, I explained all of this to my social case worker as she nodded in agreement after examing the paperwork and going "tut-tut, always get a recipt!" and then she got busy suspending any further cash transfers to my bank account on my behalf!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 12:29 pm
This site is primarily used by people from North America--and people whose abilities with the English language far exceed yours. You badly need to learn how to spell. If you just run in here with your rant and no explanation of the circumstances to which you refer, you shouldn't be surprised as a skeptical response. But more than that, the author of this thread looks like a sock puppet, and one whose language skills are even more flawed than yours. So, i continue to smell a rat here. I don't know what motivates your screed, but it clearly is as phony as a three dollar bill.
able4cash

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 12:40 pm
@Setanta,
Dont you mean the one dollar bill with the all seeing eyeball of the FED?

My grasp of the queens english might be a bit sketchy but I digress I've british!

Oh well if he is a sock puppet maybe he'll be slightly enlightened by our tirade?!

I swear on my heart and hope to die, everything I've told you is the Gospel truth, you could read all the paperwork for yourself if you want, it wouldnt take but a second to private message it over with links to some pic's uploaded online, although you'd have to excuse me if I oblique out the account number.. I might be a little dim but im not stupid! The bit that got me was the rent for 71 with service charge of 67 on-top and that got me asking myself, what service, I do all the transfers and there is no cleaning lady, hence why the place I just quit had the oven door hanging on its hinges, foul smelling water in the washer and room's filled with damp!

I suddenly realised I'd actually been overpaying them, that's why I moved out and am looking forwards to survival in the harsh winter weather, because regardless of whether your protected from eviction under the 1988 protection from evictions act, due to there abusive clause's hidden in the contract, you're still the one liable for any charges the lettings agent wishes to try and secure on behalf of a landlord I've never met and now thankfully never will.

See you in 13 week's.. Wink

The best bit of it all was getting the letter poked under the doorway to the shared accomdation on the 15th of January 2015 telling me I owed them money back-dated for the 25th January 2015, if they're gonna lie to people because they want someone to pay the water bill, you'd think they'd get the date and the sum's right! Oh and if you think my english is bad, you should read theres!
able4cash

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 02:06 pm
@able4cash,
It probably doesnt help them, or their elaborate lie, that I was in the Social unit showing them all the paperwork including my bank statements on the 19th whilst having the account frozen!

Can you say Fuq'd property agent? It was on an assured short-hold for 13 weeks in 2013 well it's now 2015 and they never reknewed the original lease which was assured short-hold for 13 week's. Screwed - instead of being the one that got screwed!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 03:01 pm
@able4cash,
"I've british?"--i doubt the queen would lay claim to that. Don't include me in your tirade, i am not part of that. I still don't see what the purpose of your rant is, and i'm certainly not going to exchange PMs with you. Have a nice life, don't bother to write.
able4cash

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 03:08 pm
@Setanta,
Tut-tut, I could have swore I pressed the "I'm" on this shitty android fast type, oh well ta-ta, toodle pip, tally ho!

You know your spending is out of control when you go to type "no Money" and it pre-types Moet!
able4cash

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 03:32 pm
@able4cash,
Lets not blame it on my inability to SPELL lets just blame it on CRAP American Spy products instead, Oracle, Intel, Apple, Microsoft & Google!
Look kids never ending "security" upgrades! Razz
able4cash

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 03:54 pm
@able4cash,
For those of us with a PhD, we will always remember that Berkley Secure Daemon was secure until DARPA & Steve Jobs got there hand's on it, then it was re-named and became UNIX-Like and Gnu/Linux (GNU itself meaning G is Not Unix) is again UNIX-Like... Real UNIX is ANSI based and kicks the crap out of both of them and does not fall prey to hundreds of design flaws!
roger

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 05:17 pm
@able4cash,
able4cash wrote:

For those of us with a PhD,

Oh, c'mon.
able4cash

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 04:16 am
@roger,
If you insist - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux

See the part that says OS Family? What does it say?

NeXTStep was based on the X-Windows Manager which was the foundation of OS 10 or OS-X from Apple (Steve Jobs), the GNU did there own version called GNUStep which got to work creating the LLVM CLANG compiler.

Whilst apple got busy intergrating the FreeBSD foundation and Darwin as the NeXT desktop environment!

BSD & Linux are both POSIX compliant systems, they both use the GCC compiler C&C in the wording GCC means C++!

The BSD homepage lies, because it says OS Family Unix & C but it's not Unicode 8 Bit's and it compiles it's software with dynamicly linked libraries utilizing the GCC which sadly leaves Buffer Underruns and Buffer Overflows behind!

The last genuine version of BSD was 4.4-Lite2 and it was published in 1995

Dennis Ritchie described this relationship between BSD and Research Unix:

"Research Unix 8th Edition started from (I think) BSD 4.1c, but with enormous amounts scooped out and replaced by our own stuff. This continued with 9th and 10th. The ordinary user command-set was, I guess, a bit more BSD-flavored than SysVish, but it was pretty eclectic."
able4cash

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 04:37 am
@able4cash,
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/Unix_timeline.en.svg

Ironic isnt it, that the greatest Operating System of all time, was actually written in 1970! "Dont Cry!"
0 Replies