A2Ker game Part 4 - WHAT YOU ARE NOT

Mathos

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 07:43 am
Clary, if I have hurt your feelings, I apologise sincerely.

However, you must realise that football is religion to some of us. The cross has been in the ball-park for a long time now.

Have you any idea how many people have travelled from all over the world to Germany to either take part in the games or simply as spectators?

The television viewing figures across the planet I am led to believe are in excess of 32 million.

So, leave the football to those with feeling, compassion and love for the game.

And I still haven't got my big butty or mug of tea! :wink:
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 08:58 am
[Thank you for the apology. It is accepted. I mostly thought you had missed the point. I said the opposite of what you accused me of, and 'braindead woman' is definitely insulting.]

[Of course I understand about football; I have it in the family. My own flesh and blood have been sleepless in Cologne, meeting and greeting and getting pissed with others of the same cult. It is on the whole a tremendously cohesive force in the world and deserves respect for that. I also know that there are threads and forums where such things can be discussed seriously and at length. Perhaps this thread is not really one of those.]

[THIS game is to say what you are NOT, alphabetically. If that bores you, or seems unnaturally rule-bound, why visit it? That isn't said in a spirit of rancour, it's a genuine question.]
and so...

Having to make food for footy fans, thank heaven!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 09:08 am
[Thank you for the apology. It is accepted. But did you not miss the point in your diatribe? I said the opposite of what you accused me of, and 'braindead woman' is an insult not worthy of your intelligence as shown by more thoughtful posts elsewhere.]

[Of course I understand about football; I have it in the family. My own flesh and blood have been sleepless in Cologne, meeting and greeting and getting pissed with others of the same cult. It is on the whole a tremendously cohesive force in the world and deserves respect for that. I also know that there are threads and forums where such things can be discussed seriously and at length. Perhaps this thread is not really one of those.]

[THIS game is to say what you are NOT, alphabetically. If that bores you, or seems unnaturally rule-bound, why visit it? That isn't said in a spirit of rancour, it's a genuine question.]
and so...

Hurt.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 12:33 pm
Thinking Clary has the intention of posting my apology on a gigantic placard and displaying it from the northern walls of the Houses of Parliament. Twisted Evil

How many times are you going to rub it in Clary?

I wish you would get in the kitchen and make the brews and butties, Dutch is going to require a great deal of attention after that Highway Robbery fiasco today.

Inconsolable
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 05:42 pm
Just please everybody is friends again Very Happy
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 06:20 pm
Keelhaul that referee who so cruelly denied us a fair chance to proceed to the next round. Where are you Clary I'm in need of some urgent consoling. Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 06:24 pm
Keelhaul that referee who so cruelly denied us a fair chance to proceed to the next round. Where are you Clary I'm in need of some urgent consoling. Smile
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 04:57 am
(NOT) Looking for a job as archetypal woman.
[However I do sympathise, I did watch both games and realise Dutchy must be feeling inconsolable, as are my Swiss friends. But Australia is now a football force to be reckoned with, am I allowed to comment thus, Master Mathos?]
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 08:19 am
Moping no more.

(Thank you Clary for your kind words) Very Happy
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2006 09:34 am
Only on the state of the cups of tea and sandwiches Clary, it is important that you don't mess up the football, after all if your reading the paper and watching TV you could get carried away by the views of reporters and newscasters or Gaby. That would never do, would it?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 05:43 am
Passing the time twiddling my thumbs.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 09:48 am
Quite reconciled to living in Middle England
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 04:55 pm
Roaming the world.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 05:31 pm
Staying at home on the range
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 05:32 pm
Tested and willing to accept the slow responses of a2k.

(Hi try, nice to see you)
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 05:36 pm
Unduly unhappy (Good to see you too Dutchy. You have stuck with it - good onya!) Razz
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 05:40 pm
Visiting the site every now and then with a great deal of patience.

(been thrown off the site more times than I care to remember Laughing )
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 05:47 pm
What! I have been thrown outta better places Laughing
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 05:50 pm
X-emplary behaviour is my way of life. Cool
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2006 05:58 pm
Yodelling from the top of the Empire State building