Islamic Terrorists Strike France

engineer

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 08:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
South Park: on rare occasion. Carlin: never had the pleasure. I personally like The Onion.

Politically incorrect speech is fully protected in the US. Do you feel otherwise? Speech decrying politically incorrect speech is also protected. Do you feel counter speech should be muzzled?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 08:48 pm
@engineer,
No, but I also think that the offense trigger has become so sensitive that we increasingly cannot converse.
Olivier5

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 08:53 pm
@engineer,
These critiques are below the belt. Charlie has again and again fought against anti-arab racism.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 08:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
It seems to me there is a lot of conversation. People offend, people complain about being offended, people defend the offenders, columnists write articles about why people are offended and why they should or shouldn't be and so on. All of this is speech. You can defend the offenders all you want, but you shouldn't do it by trying to silence the protesters.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 08:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
offense trigger has become so sensitive

Exactly what a PC society requires to keep the real problems covered up by trivialities.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 09:03 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
offense trigger has become so sensitive

Exactly what a PC society requires to keep the real problems covered up by trivialities.

I have said much the same thing, though I place the blame on the ruling class creating diversions to make it easier to pick our pockets. I dont expect that you agree. They also want to keep us stupid.

Are we talking about the increasing income inequality? Are we talking about our broken systems that are often very expensive to run and also provide very poor results? Are we talking about all the debt we are putting on our kids and grandkids? Are we talking about how our water mains are increasingly breaking because they are not maintained, or how we have more roads than we can afford to maintain? Are we talking about why we keep losing at war?

No, of course not.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 09:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
No, of course not.

Saving the environment is more important than saving Western civilization. Racism is worse than a crumbling bridge. Prioritizing is a lost art, and common sense seems to obsolete.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 09:49 pm
Quote:
Europe Is Being Raped, But Don’t Cry; She Seems to Like It

Quote:
Europe for the last 200 years has been more than ready to fall on her back before any rude and cruel invader, from Napoleon to Hitler and Stalin. But they at least were the leaders of powerful countries and mighty armies! Cruel, ruthless, monsters, yes; but outstanding. And now Europe is falling on her back before some bunch of Muslim immigrants – and refuses to recognize that she is behaving like an old whore.

So, don’t cry that you are being raped, Europeans; looks like you like it.

http://chersonandmolschky.com/2015/01/10/europe-raped-dont-cry/
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 10:33 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
. Prioritizing is a lost art, and common sense seems to obsolete.

I think I agree, but I have doubts. Sometimes America seems like my experience at the 593rd DFAC at JBLM, where as a shift leader (kitchen manager) I ran a staff of 8 cooks on my shift. Mostly 30-55 year olds who's lives mostly were going nowhere, often through self sabotage. These boys and girls would create so much drama at work, for two years it never ended. I eventually concluded that they needed the diversion to keep them from thinking about their fucked up lives, and why it was fucked up. I sometime think that Americans have some sense of how bad things are, and that we stay constantly offended and focused on relatively trivial things to keep our minds off of the subject.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 01:46 am
Some reaction you won't see in the Australian mainstream media,

http://www.onislam.net/english/shariah/special-coverage/481653-paris-attack-charlie-hebdo-terrorist-cartoon.html
Builder

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 02:01 am
@Wilso,
Anyone speak French?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z9y-FtskzY
Olivier5

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 06:49 am
Gee... there were less posts about the decline and rape of the USA after Boston. I wonder why...

Yes, France is currently in decline. But it could change tomorrow with the right economic policy. There's nothing fateful or mandatory about it. We have a lot we can draw upon, and much to bring to the world.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 07:16 am
@Builder,
Obviously only some just English-speaking conspiracy theorists noticed this (Transcript of that declaration, published the same day [09.01.2015] >here<.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 07:18 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Yes, France is currently in decline. But it could change tomorrow with the right economic policy. There's nothing fateful or mandatory about it. We have a lot we can draw upon, and much to bring to the world.
D'accord. But before the right economic policy cancome in force, there's a lot more to be changed ... and that's something, which is actually true for any country (besides the USA, of course, where everything is perfect).
Olivier5

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 09:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
But before the right economic policy can come in force, there's a lot more to be changed

Probably so, but what do you have in mind?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 09:26 am
@Olivier5,
Generally - and nota bene, I don't mean just France but e.g.Germany and other countries as well - we have to learn with changing times,changing (human) attitudes, changing traditions ... ... ... and then find a "right economic policy" which isn't just good for a small group and not just for a few months/years.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 09:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Sorry, I don't understand. My take is perhaps simplistic but I think Germany reformed its labour laws with good results, and we should do the same. France is not in decline demographically or culturally. In fact, our culture is more vibrant and less submissive than elsewhere if one judges by these cartoons. But the country is de-industrializing. There are other reforms that would be important but labour laws would be a key one. We could discuss in greater depth, on another thread I guess.

My point is: history is not deterministic, there are no "laws of history" that say that powers must rise and fall in one nice parabolic trajectory. Any nation can rise and fall and then rise again and fall again... The decline of France (or of Europe, or the of US for that matter) is not unstoppable. It is not 'inexorable' or 'written' anywhere. It simply results from a lack of courage and clear direction.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 09:57 am
@Olivier5,
Agreed.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 11:08 am
This guy bursts the bubble really well.

Quote:
The true moderate Muslims are secular progressives of loosely Christian and Jewish persuasion who have invented and believe in a moderate Islam that doesn’t exist outside of their own heads. This secular Islam, which values all life, is dedicated to social justice and universal tolerance, is a counterpart of their own bastardised religions. And they are too afraid to wake up and realise that it doesn’t exist.
When Western leaders insist that Islam has nothing to do with the latest Islamic atrocity, they are not referencing a religion practised by Muslims, but an imaginary religion that they imagine Muslims must practice because the alternative is the end of everything that they believe in.
Their moderate Islam is light on the details, beyond standing for social justice, fighting Global Warming and supporting gay rights, because it is really multiculturalism wearing a fake beard. When a Western leader claims that the latest batch of Islamic terrorists don’t speak for Islam, he isn’t defending Muslims, he’s defending multiculturalism. He assumes that Muslims believe in multiculturalism because he does.
Moderate Islam is just multiculturalism misspelled. Its existence is a firm article of faith for those who believe in multiculturalism.
Dissuading a believer in moderate Muslims from his invented faith by citing the long trail of corpses or the hateful Hadiths that call for mass murder is futile because these are not the roots of his religion. He doesn’t know what a Hadith is nor does he care. As a social justice man in good standing, he attributes the violent track record of Islam to European colonialism and oppression.
He has never read the Quran. He has read a thousand articles about how Muslims are oppressed at the airport, in Gaza, in Burma and in Norwegian cartoons. They are his new noble savages and he will not hear a word against them. Having colonised their identities in his imagination (despite the marked up copy of Edward Said’s Orientalism that he keeps by his bedside) he treats them as reflections of his ego.
When you say that moderate Muslims don’t exist, you are calling him a bad person. When you challenge Islam, you are attacking multiculturalism and he will call you a racist, regardless of the fact that Islam is as much of a race as Communism, Nazism or the Real Madrid Supporters Club are races.
The moderate Muslim is an invention of the liberal academic, the secular theologian, the vapid politician and his shrill idiot cousin, the political activist. Like the money in the budgets that underpin their plans and the scientific evidence for Global Warming, he does not exist.

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2015/01/09/france-82-of-people-feel-muslims-are-showing-no-condemnation-of-terrorism-in-france/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 11:27 am
http://clashdaily.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/anjem-770x528.jpg
0 Replies