raised my son but still owe 51k in child support

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 01:43 pm
I lived with my sons mother for the first 10 years of my sons life, we broke up and she moved out of county. She could not handle my son so a year and a half later he came to live with me. He was 13 at that time and lived with me till he got out of high school and joined the marines. I never even knew that I owed child support till he was 15, he was living with me at the time so I thought it was a mistake. I have called the county that most of the child support is owed to but they tell me to call the county she moved to. when I call them they tell me to call the county I live in. Been getting this kind of run around for years now. I have never even been to court. I am now disabled and cant work and they wont to put me in jail. Cant seem to find anyone to help me. I don't understand how I could owe 51k for I child I have raised. I need help because I don't think its fair that I owe anything. I was a good father, me and my son are best friends. If anyone knows of any kind of programs or people who can help me, please let me know.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 1,574 • Replies: 9

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 02:37 pm
Sorry to hear about your disability as well as the stress you are going under.

Perhaps you can advise what States you are talking about? Being disabled is there a free legal service of advice you can get access to, can your Son investigate where you could get free advice from?

Hopefully if you provide your State someone here can assist.
Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 05:33 pm
I live in cal. there dosnt seem to be anybody in Humboldt county than can help me. None that I have been able to find.
Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 07:11 pm
Do you talk to the mother? Have her write a letter stating that the child was with you from (date) to (date) and you had full custody.

Do you have Family Court or Friend of the Court? I find it impossible to believe that they aren't responding to your letters.
0 Replies
Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 07:46 pm
How much jail time are you facing? Doing time for a family matter is cheaper than 51K.

Stand pat - the county needs the cell space for serious criminals.
0 Replies
Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 07:47 pm
I used to live there, a varied place. I hope you pursue with your complaints. I've no idea if you are right or not, but don't just give up.

There are probably pro and con stories, that I know nothing about.

0 Replies
Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 08:15 pm
You need a lawyer, family court style lawyer. She actually owes you child support, you don't owe her. I realize the legal system is a mess, but it won't hurt to write to the governor and whoever heads up your county and your state representative. Your son knows who he lived with, he's your best witness. I doubt your ex-wife is going to be helpful.
0 Replies
Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2015 08:22 pm







0 Replies
Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 09:46 pm
With your condition, you promise to pay $50.00 a month, and case is closed.
0 Replies
dale humphrey
Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 06:01 am
The terrorist axis of evil (local, state, and federal) charge interest on child support that goes in there pocket, they wont drop it, the united states federal government and all of there separate terrorist cells dont make bills go away, they only cause more suffering and misery for the american people..
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » raised my son but still owe 51k in child support
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 08/14/2022 at 11:03:04