Regression with paired samples

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 02:10 pm
Please could you help me? My sampling design is: 15 forest fragments, each of a different size. In each forest fragment I have a paired edge and interior site. I have collected abundance data on lizards at these sites. I would like to do a regression analysis of my response variable (lizard abundance) against my continuous explanatory variable (a gradient of fragment size), but comparing the difference in abundance between edge and interior sites. Is there anyway to do a regression with paired samples like this?

Cheers for any help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 504 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 03:21 pm
@Greenshoes,
If I understand correctly, you should do a simple regression between fragment size and the difference between the edge and interior sites.
Greenshoes

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2015 07:32 pm
@engineer,
Thank you, that is what I was thinking! But my teacher kept going on about regression with paired data, so I thought perhaps there was something more advanced out there that I was missing. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond! All the best
0 Replies