Proof that the speed of light is a universal maximum, is impossible

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 11:05 am
@farmerman,
hes buy looking it up in an old HS physics textbook. Thumbsy was home schooled and his parents didn't believe in math and science
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 02:45 pm
@farmerman,
The Hubble equation nullified the Einstein cosmological constant, and the next equation will nullify Hubbell's. Gathering information from trillions of miles away, is not difficult, it is for the most part impossible. Can you tell me how many lights are on in the room where I am?

But you know everything about the other side of the universe.

Very interesting..................!
farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 02:49 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Change the subject why don't you, then try to miscast what others have said. Its you, walk proudly in the opacity of "your thoughts".
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 02:51 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
We don't know everything about the other side of the universe. No one claimed we did other than you.

We don't know how many stars there are in the universe but that doesn't mean we can't tell the distance within a few light years of those we can see. I don't know how many lights are on in your room, but I can certainly tell how close you are to me within a light year. A light year is a rounding error when it comes to the universe.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 02:55 pm
@parados,
How can you tell the distance to stars, that you have no idea of their luminosity, or size, or distance. You do know that some stars that are visible, are actually Galaxies with hundreds of billions of stars? So tell me, how do you separate those billions of stars, and get individual distances.

Twiddling thumbs waiting for Bill Murray type answer.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 02:57 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
First of all, ever hear of a thing called a telescope?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 03:00 pm
@parados,
That was not the answer, please try again.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 03:02 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
I will have to walk you through this slowly. I don't want to lose you. In order to do that, I will be going one step at a time. When we get to something you don't know about, we can stop and let you do the research.

1. Do you know what a telescope is?
If you don't know just say so.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 03:29 pm
@parados,
Telescope is not the answer, please try again.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 03:31 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Since you don't know what a telescope is I can't move to the next step in the process of calculating the distance of stars.

Get back to us when you understand what a telescope is.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 03:54 pm
@parados,
http://www.esa.int/var/esa/storage/images/esa_multimedia/videos/2013/11/guide_to_our_galaxy/13409760-3-eng-GB/Guide_to_our_Galaxy_video_production_full.png

So how does this telescope calculate the distances between any two stars in this galaxy? Knowing that first you have to find the two that I am referencing..... there are 100,000,000,000 stars in the cluster, give or take a few hundred billion.

Dude it's nonsense.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 04:28 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
You have to take baby steps before you can run.

1. Do you understand what a telescope is?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:11 pm
@parados,
There are actually many types of telescopes son, that are not limited to radio, infrared, x-ray, gamma ray and visual.

However no type of telescope is the answer, so please try again.
parados

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 08:15 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Yes, there are several types of telescopes. Good for you.
All of them can be used to help show distance to stars. Now let's start to look at the process.

Question 2.
Do you understand the theory of triangulation and do you accept it as a workable process that can show distance?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulation

This has nothing to do with stars yet. Once you accept that triangulation works then we can move on to stars.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 07:01 pm
@parados,
Triangulation of stars is impossible, because they are in different planes, of course you can believe as you choose, because no one can disprove your nonsense. Tell us, how many feet is your triangulation good to, you know like GPS. Your own link says that triangulation is stars is impossible, because you need three known points, and all you have with stars, is one, which is the Earth.

Next.
farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 08:30 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
OK OK OK.
You don't understand Hubbells Law, or Leavitts equation. NOW you don't buy triangulation (maybe you want to use its more common name in stellar distance measurement, which is PARALLAX).
Hippacos was launched in 1989 to give better "spreads" on the parraalx to stars to improve measurements to such stars s Proxima Centauri.
As far as I know, we still use these techniques . Our methods of measurement (thanks to modern instrumentation) are waaay better than when Brahe and the other guys were screwing with it.

You seem to be absent, much mechanical knowledge in Astral physics, is this on purpose? Does it conflict with some religious belief in panspermia?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 09:15 pm
@farmerman,
NO STAR MEASUREMENT HAS EVER BEEN VERIFIED.................THUS YOU CAN MAKE UP ANY DISTANCE THAT YOU CHOOSE.

SHEESH
farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 09:24 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
I like youre "sheesh's". You try to make it sound like you actually know of what you speak.So you also deny parallax?????? . I suppose you don't believe in surveying either.

Why are you so defiantly ignorant? You are full of **** and you know it, yet you keep up this silly posturing .
I keep thinking youre a kid but kids aren't that stubbornly defiant. Only ignorant mature men don't move off their stupid intractable positions .

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 09:27 pm
@farmerman,
No I do not believe in surveying stars, for distance in fact it is impossible.

Next
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 09:33 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
NO STAR MEASUREMENT HAS EVER BEEN VERIFIED

Duuuuuh. Did we say anywhere that these measurement/ calculations were spot on? Hell, Hubbells constant may not even be a constant but its close enough for distances in the neighborhood of thousands of light years. Even a 1% error to 1000 light years is 60 TRILLION miles .

Do you know how much error of "closure" a typical planetary survey in our Solar System will carry ? and how we "verify" our measurements?