HIV Infection - Should I be worried

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 05:45 pm
Recently I engaged in sex with a male prostitute(1 week ago)...I was the top. The condom broke. Within a minute of it breaking I pulled out....there was no visible blood or secretions...actually it was dry. My penis had no breaks in the skin. I washed it within 15 minutes and urinated within 20. Should I have reason for concern
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 804 • Replies: 10
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 06:14 pm
@concernedabouthiv,
You should get tested - actually both partners should and preferably prior to being intimate.
Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 06:19 pm
@CalamityJane,
The partner was a prostitute - he's probably not going to get tested between each job.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 06:30 pm
@concernedabouthiv,
concernedabouthiv wrote:
Recently I engaged in sex with a male prostitute(1 week ago)...I was the top.
OP wrote:
HIV Infection - Should I be worried
Yes
concernedabouthiv

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 06:41 pm
@neologist,
Yes...crap...
I was planning to get tested....internet say 2-3 months wait.
Internet says Blood and Bodily Fluids are necessary for the infection to take place...can you explain you definitive Yes answer.... Thanks.
Germlat

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 06:51 pm
@concernedabouthiv,
Get tested...
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 07:09 pm
@concernedabouthiv,
Even if you think the risk is low it's worth getting tested for your peace of mind.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 07:12 pm
@concernedabouthiv,
One should always be worried about casual sex. Even more about commercial sex.

There is much to be said for monogamy
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 09:20 pm
@concernedabouthiv,
The definitive yes answer is the only responsible one. It informs you and anyone else you have or will have sex with, or anyone (such as medical service providers) who must come in contact with your body fluids.

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 09:28 pm
@Butrflynet,
You should contact your doctor and decide with him/her the best time for you to get tested. Don't make your health care choices from what you read on the internet.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 12:26 am
@concernedabouthiv,
concernedabouthiv wrote:

Yes...crap...
I was planning to get tested....internet say 2-3 months wait.
Internet says Blood and Bodily Fluids are necessary for the infection to take place...can you explain you definitive Yes answer.... Thanks.

You could have some internal open tear/wound you don't know anything of, so it's only logical to answer yes. It's your responsibility to yourself and your future partners to get tested.
0 Replies