4

Slow weight loss

H-H

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 03:53 am
For 4 months I have followed weight watchers and completed 4 gym classes a week (body step, body pump, body conditioning and body combat). In this time I have lost 1 stone which is positive but I still have a lot to lose (4 stone). I understand it's beneficial to lose weight slowly rather than drastically but this is just too slow and I feel like I'm losing motivation,. Should I be doing something different to increase the weight loss?

2  
Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 04:03 am
@H-H,
I don't know of anything better than diet and exercise. I think everyone goes through this. You are on a plateau, and if you keep on as you are, there will come a time when it seems the weight is going away without effort.

Keep it up. You're doing fine. Anyway, you might well be losing inches around the waist even though the weight is stable. This is a very good thing to have going on.

2  
Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 08:33 am
@H-H,
Measure yourself once/week. Chest (if you're female, then both bust and band), bicep, waist, belly, hips (that's your butt) and thigh. You can keep track on a spreadsheet. I think you'll see the numbers improving even if the scale is making you crazy.

Jaheen100

0  
Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 03:08 am
1st of all don't deprive your body...give yourself a treat once a week something sweet like a Snickers, skip a meal don't eat breakfast or lunch but if you have to eat something try a slim fast with a cup of coffee, diet cola or water (slim fast and coffee gives me a burst of energy). At dinner time eat until you just start to feel full then push away from the table.