1
   

Why is rape discussed more than murder?

 
 
FBM
 
  3  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:08 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:

Well, I'm not going to do a scientific study to prove it to be true, however if you look at for instance the number of heated debates on something like A2K; I'm sure you will see a discrepancy.


Maybe, maybe not. I'd rather not make that assumption about things I haven't seen. The larger the sampling, the greater the protection against selection bias.

Quote:
Ah, but murder is murder. Period. Murder is one person taking another person's life. The end result is that another person is dead. Rape seems to be something subjective that is defined differently by different people.


I'm not so sure the distinction between killing and murder are so well-defined and universally agreed upon. For example, murderers are executed, and opponents of capital punishment call that murder. Vegans and whatnot say "Meat is murder." "Killing another human being is wrong," but, yeah, I'll send my kids to war. Is abortion murder? Depends on who you ask, and that's a pretty hotly contested issue, I'd say. Stand your ground and kill rather than run? In some states that's murder, in others, not. Looks fuzzier and fuzzier the closer I look at it. Not saying that rape is any easier to pin down, just that neither has a clear-cut, universally agreed upon definition. Hence, the controversy surrounding them both.
Setanta
 
  2  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:09 am
@nononono,
I did--i pointed out the inherent logical fallacy, you acknowledged it, and then swept it aside and again asserted your logical fallacy. There is no logical reason to assume that rape is discussed more than murder without evidence that that is so. You saying as much is not evidence. Essentially, you recognized the logical fallacy, and then dismissed it. Now you claim that you've been insulted because i pointed that out.
nononono
 
  0  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:10 am
@Setanta,
By the way Santana, I would totally rape you ...in a good, sexy way. You're a cutie pie! Wink
Setanta
 
  2  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:11 am
I'm also an adult male, over six feet tall and weighing more than 300 pounds. I'd just kick the **** out of you and leave you in the gutter, you egotistical little ****. Of course, you were addressing someone named "Santana," so perhaps you weren't addressing me.
nononono
 
  0  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:12 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I did--i pointed out the inherent logical fallacy, you acknowledged it, and then swept it aside and again asserted your logical fallacy. There is no logical reason to assume that rape is discussed more than murder without evidence that that is so. You saying as much is not evidence. Essentially, you recognized the logical fallacy, and then dismissed it. Now you claim that you've been insulted because i pointed that out.


Well, dang! Ya got me.

Because I'm not willing to take a door to door survey means that I'm wrong. **** man, I'm embarrassed. I guess all those angry discussions on the rape related threads on A2K are just something I've been imagining...
oralloy
 
  -1  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:13 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:
Why is that?

a) Our nation is currently undergoing a rape hysteria crisis (similar to the "daycare centers are conducting demonic sex sacrifices" hysteria that we went through in the 1980s).

b) We have organizations with a vested interest in this hysteria (the feminist movement) who are feeding the hysteria with bogus statistics and heated rhetoric.
nononono
 
  0  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:14 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I'm also an adult male, over six feet tall and weighing more than 300 pounds. I'd just kick the **** out of you and leave you in the gutter, you egotistical little ****. Of course, you were addressing someone named "Santana," so perhaps you weren't addressing me.


I like "bears", and I like it ruffffffffff Wink
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  2  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:14 am
Oh, i see . . . you're a gay boy. Why the hell are you so obsessed about rape?
izzythepush
 
  1  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:16 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:
And if that is true based solely on what you've observed from my activity on A2K, then people like firefly are also "obsessed with rape" right? Give me an honest acknowledgment here.


Here's an honest acknowledgement. If we go all the way back to the 18th December you have only made 3 comments on threads that are not concerned with rape or sexual assault. Once on the Intelligent Design v Casino Universe and twice on the Sony Thread. If you look at FF's profile, just the first page contains the following posts.

Getting the Last Word
Firefly's Lounge Is Now Open
The Acronym Game
Picture your post
Alliterative Four Word Sentence/Phrase Game
Gif of the week
What made you smile today?
Caption The Cartoon Part Deux X 4

None of these threads are concerned with rape/sexual assault. So by looking at the posts on A2K it's clear you are obsessed with rape, (and we all know why) whereas FF has lots of other interests.

That honest enough for you?
izzythepush
 
  1  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:18 am
@Setanta,
Remember Mememeeee hero worships Whackeye. That's not exactly a sign of intelligence, quite the opposite in fact.
0 Replies
 
nononono
 
  0  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:18 am
@FBM,
Quote:
For example, murderers are executed, and opponents of capital punishment call that murder.


Ok, that is an excellent point.

Quote:
Vegans and whatnot say "Meat is murder."


Yep, and these people are just whackjobs! Seriously, gay marriage is still illegal in most places and yet these non-meat eating freaks are allowed to marry and breed???

Quote:
Is abortion murder?


No comment.

0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  2  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:21 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:
I guess all those angry discussions on the rape related threads on A2K are just something I've been imagining...


No, it's an example of the fallacy of the enumeration of favorable circumstances. You take notice of any "data" which confirms your bias, and ignore anything which contradicts it. See Izzy's comments about Firefly's posts, as an example of how you have practiced this fallacy.
0 Replies
 
nononono
 
  0  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:22 am
@izzythepush,
firefly is also 85 years old and retired with nothing but free time. I work three jobs.

Dipshit.

But no, keep on obsessing about me and reading/recording every detail ...creepo.
nononono
 
  0  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:23 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Oh, i see . . . you're a gay boy. Why the hell are you so obsessed about rape?


Homophobic much???

Because no men, let alone gay men are EVER raped!

Setanta
 
  2  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:29 am
@nononono,
Straw man fallacy--i've never said anything of the kind. Can you give us some reliable statistics on the incidence and prevalence of rape among homosexual men?

(By the way, you're really racking up the logical fallacies here. Rhetorical debate is not your strong suit, it take it?)
nononono
 
  0  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:37 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Straw man fallacy--i've never said anything of the kind. Can you give us some reliable statistics on the incidence and prevalence of rape among homosexual men?


I don't have to, to know that gay men do get raped. Just like straight men get raped. Rape is not a female victim specific phenomenon.


....You're really grasping at straws. MAN!
izzythepush
 
  2  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:38 am
@nononono,
Nobody is obsessed with you, you're a pathetic little worm. Maybe if you didn't stay up all night arguing with people on the internet you might be able to get a decent paying job. Then again I doubt it, you're not smart enough to do anything other than menial, low paid, unskilled work.
nononono
 
  0  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:39 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
a) Our nation is currently undergoing a rape hysteria crisis (similar to the "daycare centers are conducting demonic sex sacrifices" hysteria that we went through in the 1980s).

b) We have organizations with a vested interest in this hysteria (the feminist movement) who are feeding the hysteria with bogus statistics and heated rhetoric.


Yes, and yes.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:41 am
@nononono,
I'm not grasping at any straws--debating you is like taking candy from a baby. As i've already pointed out, i had no remarks to make on the rape of men. You accused me of being homophobic completely without reason, and then sneered at me by suggesting that i claim that men are never raped.

You're really piss poor at this.
nononono
 
  0  
Tue 23 Dec, 2014 06:42 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
b) We have organizations with a vested interest in this hysteria (the feminist movement) who are feeding the hysteria with bogus statistics and heated rhetoric.


And these people also have a lot of money invested in maintaining this hysteria. Their jobs/livelihoods depend on it!
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2019 at 06:28:19