Do you guys think they will give me another chance after ready my academic dismal appeal letter?

Ziclark

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:12 pm
I am writing to appeal my dismissal from Mercy College of Ohio. The day I came to Mercy College it was nothing but a positive experience. I’ve had so many of my professors rooting for me to be successful and I know the grades that I made this semester is not who I am. Coming from the Toledo Public School system, I was not prepared for college. I didn’t know how to study the notes my professor handed out and nor did I have good study habits. Although I have graduated from high school I did not have the knowledge to actually become a successful college student.

Before I knew about being academically dismissed from Mercy College, I received my final grades back and was disappointed in myself because my grades didn’t reflect what I am capable of achieving. I beat myself up a couple days about it until I realized that it was my first year in college and that I have the ability to be one of the top performing students. I know if I am given a second chance, I will get more involved with tutoring and seek out all avenues to assist me with successfully completing my education. College has been my dream, since I was a little girl and I have always wanted to become a nurse. In spite of people discourage me from going to nursing school because they say it’s too hard, I’ve always taught my self nothing worth having comes easy.

I will never let anything come in the way of college life again. I have learned that Mercy College is my ticket out. This college has so much to offer me and I just feel like if I’m giving another chance I will be able to prove to myself and others that you can accomplish anything once you put your mind to it. I’m so ready to come back to class so I can stay on top of my grades. My goal is to become a pediatric nurse. Mercy College is the only college that has professors that actually care about your goals and they are willing to help you on your journey. I know I can achieve an above a 2.0 next semester if given the opportunity to be reinstated. I look forward in to graduating Mercy College with my degree in 4 years. Thank you for taking the time out to read my letter.

Sincerely,

Xsaria Clark

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,302 • Replies: 5
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:38 pm
I hope they do. But there are a couple of grammar errors in the.letter
.if you haven't sent it.yet get.someone to.proofread it.
Ziclark

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 05:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
Can you tell me the errors?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 06:34 pm
I;ve got to catch a bus to NYC in a couple hours, and I've got a lot of packing. If no one else steps up, I'll give you some rewrite tomorrow. Overall, a few commas would help.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2014 06:51 pm
You may need to sharpen your skills in a community college. Before dismissing that as poor second, remember that many community colleges offer nursing programs as well as other things and mainly they are teaching adult students. It's not 13th grade. Maybe a couple semesters there and you can transfer back to Mercy. It's not the end of the world, although I do understand how disappointed you must be. Don't give up.
0 Replies

reenakangel

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 03:04 am
@Ziclark,
What was the result? I am going through the same situation!
0 Replies