Quote:
Read the rest of my post, nincompoop.

nincompoop?????

lol, says a lot!
0 Replies

TheJackal

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 02:28 am
@Setanta,
Just ask them about vegetables and the argument is immediately over. You could also toss in homology of species, but that would be like beating a dead horse back into its fossil record. Wink
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 04:40 am
I am also wondering what DNA has to do with proof of evoluton
Can someone tell me?

The difference in DNA between different animals or species doesn't prove evolution. It even disproves evolution.
TheJackal

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:07 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Differences in DNA between species shows diversification, it is actually necessary to be there for evolution to have any merit. How on Earth you think that disproves evolution is sadly laughable.

You may also want to learn about genetics and what a paternity test is as it is exactly how we can tell you that you are without a doubt a primate. You are anatomically, physiologically, homologically, and genetically a primate mammal.

http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesizer?file=matt-mattjwest57DF9895-B775-C980-261D-4CBD3E8F02F8.jpg&width=640

Furthermore, you are a eukaryote organism genetically, and you are genetically linked to single celled eukaryotic cells. And if you had any education of how genetics are passed on, you would realize how inept your arguments are.

Lastly, I only need reference vegetables to entirely destroy your argument.., and as directly observed evolution from mustard plants. Or if you like, we can play a game of morphology as the morphological changes from the skull of a wolf to that of a bull dog is no grander in scale than the changes we see between and modern homo-sapiens :

http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesizer?file=matt-mattjwest7AAE3903-E95A-DD70-9F8E-B7A2AE615D1B.jpg&width=640

http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesizer?file=matt-mattjwest2620C92B-EF3D-73DC-2D80-D5C4C03F2D89.jpg&width=640

We are more genetically diverse from our ancestors than dogs are from wolves, and not by much. However, we had millions of years vs thousands.. And genetic variation isn't an indication of morphology as is gene expression. Hence missing links you feel we need are not required since they are unlikely to exist. This again is because gene expression..., this to which wolf to bull dog can easily demonstrate as you cannot find or demonstrate a seamless and smooth transition of links between them. And even a small change in Phenotype can have a massive impact on morphology at the macro scale without providing transitions between one state or the other. Even vegetables from mustard plants demonstrate this very point.

Essentially creationists are intellectually bankrupt and rely on uneducated tripe from other uneducated idiots like Ken ham..
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:09 am
@TheJackal,
Quote:
Differences in DNA between species shows diversification, it is actually necessary to be there for evolution to have any merit. How on Earth you think that disproves evolution is sadly laughable.

You are a very funny girl indeed!
Without having done any research you know by reflex action that it doesn't disprove evolution.

Yaaawnnn.

You still haven';t got the clue that evolution is a hoax and a joke of the highest order!!!

when did you fall for this evolution crap?

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:13 am
Quote:
Essentially creationists are intellectually bankrupt and rely on uneducated tripe from other uneducated idiots like Ken ham..

And again, I am NOT a creationist or a believer in god. Ah well you just don't read my postings. This is just another Ad Hominem by you.
No good arguments at all!
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:15 am
@TheJackal,
Quote:
Differences in DNA between species shows diversification, it is actually necessary to be there for evolution to have any merit

You are again, very very vague here. WHAT differences? And WHAT does these differences show then, according to you?
Please be a lot more specific, thank you.
0 Replies

TheJackal

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:23 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
You are a very funny girl indeed!
Without having done any research you know by reflex action that it doesn't disprove evolution.

It's not a reflex, it's an education... It doesn't..PERIOD... If there were no genetic differences between species, those which are genetically speciated, evolution would then be in a bit trouble even though changes in the DNA are not always necessary for evolutionary changes since, and I repeat, changes in gene expression alone can result in evolutionary changes. Just changes in the hox genes alone can entirely alter a species. And to point, all chicken embryos develop full or near full length tails with vertebra until the hox gene kicks in and cuts it off and the tail reabsorbs... Same goes for the fact that all birds have 3 fingered hands and claws in embryonic development until they fuse together. A process also seen in the Hoatzin with the exception that this process takes place as the chick matures into an adult to where the claws literally fall off and the hands fuse to form what is the modern wing of avian birds. These are only explainable in evolutionary theory, and that include junk DNA to which is all ancestral DNA. And I didn't even have to get into bird embryos and reptilian tooth buds, or how feathers are modified scales.

Quote:
WHAT differences?

Any differences regardless of how small or great. Even the smallest of changes is evolution in action.. This includes behavioral changes, or say, for example, the fur of a husky to that of a hyper -allergenic dog hair.. That is evolution.. Horizontal gene transfer between a sea slug and algae is evolution by definition. protein folding in prions, though not living, is in principle evolution as proteins in prions acts like DNA and allows prions to develop resistance to environmental changes to which includes being removed from their hosts.

Essentially your ignorance bores me..
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:30 am
@TheJackal,
Quote:
Essentially your ignorance bores me..

Then leave me alone, please!

Anyway, you are not educated, you are indoctrinated! And you can't see it for yourself. That is ok I understand, it is a process. Take your time,.
Start a revolution, start thinking for yourself.

Good riddance.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:34 am
@TheJackal,
Quote:
Any differences regardless of how small or great. Even the smallest of changes is evolution in action.. This includes behavioral changes, or say, for example, the fur of a husky to that of a hyper -allergenic dog hair.. That is evolution.

Gee, an you call yourself educated! I am having a laugh here!
I ams asking about DNA differences, Yodo!!!!

Put in another way so you might understand. WHAT specific differences in DNA proves evolution and HOW? Oh my.

Nevermind, no use, you won't get it.

0 Replies

TheJackal

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:35 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Spend more than five minutes reading something other than answers in genesis and you would have figured this out a long time ago. Though I am usually hostile to such arguments because in most cases the person presenting them is not actually interested in learning than they are trying to find a gap argument to run with, or some fallacy argument to play with while ignoring the massive amount of evidence we have for evolution. I did not take you as sincere, and I still am not convinced you are. However if you are, and you want proof of evolution, it has already been provided...

Quote:
DNA differences

Look up the human genome project if you need help with that. I am not about to go into a long laundry list because you're intellectually lazy. Now eat your vegetables and have a nice day Smile
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:38 am
@TheJackal,
Quote:
Spend more than five minutes reading something other than answers in genesis and you would have figured this out a long time ago. Though I am usually hostile to such arguments because in most cases the person presenting them is not actually interested in learning than they are trying to find a gap argument to run with, or some fallacy argument to play with while ignoring the massive amount of evidence we have for evolution. I did not take you as sincere, and I still am not convinced you are. However if you are, and you want proof of evolution, it has already been provided... Now eat your vegetables and have a nice da

genesis?????????????
Don't you read my postings?

Quote:
ignoring the massive amount of evidence we have for evolution

I am not ignoring, there is NO evidence.
And I am talking macro evolution here.
I am certain there are differences within species. That is not the issue.
But you seem to be very confused about this distinction.
TheJackal

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:41 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
I am not ignoring, there is NO evidence.

This is like looking in a box of spoons and proclaiming there are no spoons. Sorry, I am not impressed with Olympic Level of woeful ignorance.

Quote:
genesis?????????????
Don't you read my postings?

Do you know what sarcasm is? And should I be reading such woeful stupidity?
farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:44 am
@TheJackal,
You are wasting valuable time with this clown. Hes a host for Creationist nd ID crap and he claims hes not religious.

When the NAS produced the Teaching Evolution and the NAture of SCience back in 1998, the Creation Research Institute (probably them because of uses of familiar ICR phrases) published a volume that was an attempt to refute all that was well established evidence about fossils, fossil genes, the "trichotomy Problem" and mtDNA. Yet the "unknown organization" came up with a piece of tripe that was loaded with silly assed simplifications and downright lies about the evidence that even the NAS threw up its collective arms with a big "OY".

Quahog is a denier pure and simple. Hes not looking for any communication because hes on a mission that we happily feed every time hes engaged.
Sharing your knowledge in a receiving format is where we should be at. Respondng to this moron puts you on a defensive and gives him undeserved credibility.

He can stand as a great example of what happens if you fail biology
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:45 am
@TheJackal,
Quote:
This is like looking in a box of spoons and proclaiming there are no spoons. Sorry, I am not impressed with Olympic Level of woeful ignorance.

First, I am not here to impress anyone.
Further what you wrote above is a false analogy.
If I look intyo a box fool of spoons, I will say it is full of spoons.
Probl;em is 'evidence'for evolution' is not a box fool os spoons.
It is empty, very very empty.
So you see, your analogy is very flawed.
The Emperor has No Clothes.
You just parroting the mainstrea, fairy tale line.
Not that I am surprised of course. Wink
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:46 am
@TheJackal,
Quote:
And should I be reading such woeful stupidity?

That is up tp you girly. I really don't care.
But I warn you then to not accuse me of something i haven't written!
Because that is sheer stupidity.

btw I am wondering what you education is? Care to share?
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:52 am
Quote:
Denialism and Pseudoskepticism

Denialists categorically dismiss certain claims that are generally accepted as being coherent with science or history. Denialists are prone to making 'type 2 errors'. They wrongly reject something that is true (they wrongly accept the null hypothesis). This differentiates denialism from pseudoscience in that pseudoscience is characterized more by 'type 1 errors'. Otherwise, denialists share many of the common features outlined on the Pseudoscience page. There is a great deal of overlap between pseudoscience and denialism, for the denialist often rationalizes his/her position with pseudoscience and the pseudoscientist often must defend his/her position by denying established science.

Denialists may argue against an established concept from different 'angles' (stasis points) and switch between them when confronted with immovable facts. One may argue that a concept doesn't exist (conjecture). If not succeeding, the denialist may switch to the stasis point of definition, conceding that maybe it exists in one form, but that we are really talking about something else. If definition cannot be denied, then the argument often shifts to quality (eg. "OK, it may exist and we agree on definition, but the subject really doesn't matter anyway"). Changes in stasis points can happen almost imperceptibly, unless the listener recognizes this rhetorical trick. The trick is not unique to denialism, but it certainly is prominent.

Within any robust scientific field, one can always find debates and conflicting data among scientists concerning various details of the science. Foundational theories such as germ theory, atomic theory, relativity theory, quantum theory and evolutionary theory are supported by nearly all of the scientists who study them. However, one should expect there to be arguments over the fringe details. Denialists classically portray these healthy disagreements as deep conflicts within the scientific community concerning the very foundations of the theories. Thus, denialists resemble conspiracy theorists in that they imply that many experts disagree with the particular theory but their opinions are being ignored or suppressed by higher authorities.

https://sites.google.com/site/skepticalmedicine//psuedoskepticism
0 Replies

TheJackal

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:55 am
@farmerman,
yep, it's official, this guy is an idiot, and you're right that he's a waste of time and at best belongs in one of thunderfoot's "why creationists get laughed at" videos. And need not worry, he has no credulity.., and the only defense I ever need reply with is one plural word known as "vegetables".. I will giggle every time I ask this kid to eat his vegetables. Wink
farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 06:19 am
@TheJackal,
We have another one here named gungasnake who, at least provides points at which to take shots at. Gunga will go on about how "evolutionists' have been screwing with drosophila for years and have only created flies with legs for antennae. He fails to understand about the long haul discovery of the homeobox sequences, and that alone brought a big smile to one of our then members who is a research geneticist involved in Hox expression work using knockout genes .

However, I gotta tell you, I got such a great kick out of you pummeling Quahog around this fine morning, nd all he could say was for you to read his posts, (In most of which he says nothing at all, and the ones on which he says something, he merely provides clips from creationist rags featured on Amazon), They will apparently sell anything as long as there are idiots to buy.

0 Replies