LinkedIn Censorship?

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 04:50 pm
I got one of those 'must read' lists of links to LinkedIn Pulse stories that LinkedIn sends all the time.

This was one of them:

Religious People have lesser IQ than non-believers !

Navid Khiabani
Charts speak for themselves :

The link redirects to LinkedIn Pulse's homepage - I thought that was odd so I did some searching and found that the author had a bunch of articles on LinkedIn - none of them work now - nor does the author's profile.

Can't find the story of why they would send a link to a story - then obliterate the presence of the author and his writings.

I don't suppose anyone knows more about this?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,011 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 07:38 pm
@hingehead,
Maybe the guy was spamming under their definition.
hingehead

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 10:48 pm
@jespah,
I don' t think so Jes. Linked in Pulse is generated from content they rate/rank - it's not random he had a bunch of other articles he'd written, all gone.

OH! I just rechecked and everything has been reinstated. I wonder what the heck that was about? Maybe someone else flagged it as innapropriate, they killed it automatically and on review decided it was a bad call?
hingehead

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2014 10:52 pm
@hingehead,
Never-the-less there's a bunch of Christians in the comments demanding he stop his bullying ;-)

I hadn't realised that those linkedin pulse stories weren't from actual news sources.

Never really understood linkedin I guess.
jespah

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:33 am
@hingehead,
LinkedIn Pulse comes from stuff people post. It's not vetted or anything. I've seen all sorts of junk in there.
hingehead

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 02:26 pm
@jespah,
I hadn't realised. I'm not a fan. Now even less.
0 Replies