Poor fuzzy logical software......!

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 07:55 am
The software that this page uses to correct spelling errors automatically, without asking the typist what word that he or she intended, to type, is pathetically poor, as it does not have the intelligence of the writer, and thus makes irrational suppositions, such as changing a misspelling of the word you, to, to , automatically. This can easily make a typist look and feel silly, it would be far more accurate if the software would merely underline assumptions of grammatical incorrectness, instead of believing that it knows more than the human writer, who wrote the software that does this in the first place....!

Now where is the Tylenol.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,697 • Replies: 4

hingehead

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 08:14 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Do you realise this site doesn't have a spell check function and whatever spell check you're seeing isn't part of this site, it's part of your OS or app.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2014 08:50 am
@hingehead,
No I did not realize that, it would seem however that if my OS or browser did the checking, that the check would be the same here as in say Google, which may also have it's own check. So what is going on, is nevertheless wrong, but it may be less clear than it seems. However I have never seen words that I clearly spelled incorrectly, change their spelling automatically, in real time, before I even begin the next word, before using this site. At other times, the software, from wherever it comes, merely underlines a word which is telling me of an issue, that only I can resolve, as often tenses of the word are involved.

In fact I just opened a new link on Google, and this issue does not happen there at all. If I can turn this off in IE, and someone knows how, please let me know.
Razzleg

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 02:54 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Maybe i'm reading too much into this post after reading your other posts, but...

Are you trying to make the point that: if software does not reduce the obviousness of your own stupidity, it is itself stupid. Because -- good luck...spellcheck works, you are still a moron.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:07 am
@Razzleg,
No, I am saying that I am far more intelligent, than the software, that is changing my words, automatically, and that is making assumptions about what is correct, this is true, even if a word is misspelled, as often a misspelled word, is merely a proper name, or a word that is not in the dictionary of the spell checker. That said, an automatic spell checker, that automatically changes words to what it's fuzzy logic determines to be correct, is of no value to a writer.

CIAO
0 Replies