Statistics

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 08:44 pm
Hi I have a question regarding statistics. I have to do a project on multiple regression on 2 independent variables but I don't know how to do it. Is there anyone who could help me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 650 • Replies: 3
No top replies

engineer

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 08:52 pm
@tinagaga,
Likely someone can help if you post the problem.
tinagaga

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 08:55 pm
@engineer,
It should be a multiple regression. That means at least 2 independent variables.
1. Why did you choose this topic? What are you trying to find out?
2. What you think the model will predict. (What do you expect the “b” values for each variable to be? (positive? Negative? Why?)
3. What are the coefficient parameters (b’s) and what do they mean?
4. Which of these coefficient parameters are individually significant? Are they economically significant?
5. How well do the predictor variables explain the dependent variable?
6. Is the model significant as a whole?
7. Did the model and the signs and values of the parameter agree with your prediction? If no, why do you think it didn’t? (was there maybe a violation of the 5 assumptions?)
8. How do you think you might improve your model? Be specific. If you were to add another variable in there, which one would it be and why?
9. How do you think you might improve your research next time?
10. Submit the actual data set as well (and tell me the link where you got the data)

maxdancona

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 09:28 pm
@tinagaga,
This is a wide open question. You should choose a topic that interests you. There are all kinds of datasets online; sports, politics, crime rates, crop growth, diseases, deaths.

I don't want to choose your project for you. Why don't you tell us what interests you and we can help you brainstorm.
0 Replies