Old Time Radio Programs

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 08:26 pm
I read a portion of the thread below, "Before...TV" and thought it might interest many of you to know of one of my favorite websites: YesterdayUSA.com.

This is the online version of a radio station in RIchardson, TX.

This station plays Old-Time Radio (OTR) 24/7 and commercial-free (except for the original commercials broadcast with the programs).

YUSA plays their station over the internet for free--though they appreciate donations. Their entire operating staff is 100% non-compensated volunteer.

There are the old comedies like Fibber McGee, Variety shows like Bob & Bing (That's Bob Hope and Bing Crosby for those too young to know), Suspense shows like Suspense!, Westerns like The Lone Ranger, Mysteries like Mystery Science Theatre 2000, Superheroes shows like the Green Hornet, musical shows like that really sleepy elevator music, dramas like Dragnet, and other stuff.

Anyway, the URL is www.yesterdayusa.com and I encourage you to check it out. It is free, btw.

Go to the home page, and click the "listen now" links til you find the listening options (Real player, Win Media Player, etc.).

Enjoy!

General Tsao
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,094 • Replies: 1
No top replies

thehamster

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:57 am
Great stuff. Thanks for the link.
0 Replies