death and evolution

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 04:33 pm
Is it death that sculptures evolved life forms.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 2,890 • Replies: 48
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2014 07:23 pm
No, it is reproductive advantage.
martinies

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 01:04 am
@Setanta,
Yes but its death that gives that advantage. Is death the hand of the invisible god of the creator of forms to the design best suited to the event. Death then is the timeless forming hand of god.
contrex

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:08 am
@martinies,
martinies wrote:

Yes but its death that gives that advantage. Is death the hand of the invisible god of the creator of forms to the design best suited to the event. Death then is the timeless forming hand of god.

Maybe you should put more tobacco with it?
martinies

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 03:04 am
Could it be that death or nothing is controling something in the event.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 03:46 am
Essentially, then, you didn't want an answer to your question, you wanted people to confirm your hypothesis, to confirm your premise. That's what is known as a leading question, a "have-you-stopped-beating-your-wife" question. I'm sorry that you wasted my time.
0 Replies

martinies

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:06 am
Well setanter yes. But I do value your opinion.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:33 am
Death is not the mechanism of evolution, and that statement is not a matter of opinion. Instead of taking wild shots in the dark, why don't you buckle down and actually learn something about the subject.
Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 05:40 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

martinies wrote:

Maybe you should put more tobacco with it?

Hehehe
0 Replies

martinies

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 09:25 am
@Setanta,
No evolution is a mechanism of death as what is beond death is what presented the life. God is beond death so its god as death thats presenting the evolved forms. No death no evolution. It was death that made man from an ameba and death is god.
Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 11:16 am
@martinies,
Your bizarre theistic fantasies not only have no relevance to evolution, they make no sense. You can entertain any loonyness you please, but be prepared for people not to take you seriously.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 11:28 am
@martinies,
martinies wrote:

No evolution is a mechanism of death as what is beond death is what presented the life. God is beond death so its god as death thats presenting the evolved forms. No death no evolution. It was death that made man from an ameba and death is god.

Do you vote?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 01:09 pm
@martinies,
Your thesis is meaningful only if the process of "evolution" is deemed to be "the purpose" of a creative entity you choose to call "God". But since evolution requires no "purpose" and indeed displays so much wasteful (if not criminal) effort on the part of a hypothetical "intelligent creator" the thesis can be assigned to the semantic scrap heap already overflowing with other religious ad hoc -ary.
martinies

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 01:13 pm
@fresco,
Fresco I value your say on this.ha.will get back to ya.
0 Replies

martinies

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:08 pm
@fresco,
Ok if there is a god that god would be both life and death moving and unmoving in terms of time and space and at one in the same time local and nonlocal to the event.so if there is such a god and there might be . That god would be death in the happening local event sculpturing forms of happening local life by means of nonlocal death.
fresco

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 02:44 pm
@martinies,
As an atheist I don't need a concept of "God", which I take believers to have constructed in order to explain/account for what they call "inexplicable events" .But the demarcation of such "events" has no foundation outside of human purposes. In short there are no "events" without observers who evoke them, nor indeed do concepts of "time" and "space" have meaning independent of such observers. Your "God of the gaps" fails to take into account that the gaps are also human constructions (or failures to construct). as is the filler which shores them up.

I note your interest elsewhere in "frontier science" but you don't seem to be aware that the realism/anti-realism debate in science gas become something of a sterile philosophical backwater.
martinies

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 03:47 pm
@fresco,
The great wall of china which can be seen from outer space was built at the cost of much death to protect the people of china from death. Either way death built the great wall of china. Death created the great wall of china which can be seen from outer space. So a nonlocal element caused the great wall of china. Death.
fresco

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:12 pm
@martinies,
If you were a bird, you would have no concept of "wall" or "China" or "cause" or "God".
For humans, "fear of death" might be cited as "a cause" for human constructions (whether they be walls or gods) but not "death" itself. The fact that constructions can result in deaths is no more significant than any other cause of death.
If you are simply playing with the concept of entropy....something along the lines that "order" is balanced by concomitant "disorder"... you still have the problem of defining "order" without reference to human cognition.
And if you are interested in definitions of "life" other than as an antithesis of "death" I recommend you read up on Maturana's autopoiesis.
martinies

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:28 pm
@fresco,
That was an example of the cause and effect of death in human terms. Order and disorder are the samething . Order needs disorder to diffine its self as order disorder needs order to be disorder. Death puts order on life to build the great wall of china.
fresco

Reply Sun 30 Nov, 2014 04:39 pm
@martinies,
Quote:
Death puts order on life to build the great wall of china.

Sorry but that's incoherent.
If I had time I might dig out a copy of some cartoon involving "the grim reaper" supervising a construction team, but I think I'll leave you to it.