Boston knowlegeable People - North Station Question

Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 10:57 am
My daughter is getting to play on the Celtics court this weekend. Unfortunately she also has a tournament that my husband is insisting she attend. Getting from the tournament to the location she is going to meet to play should be enough time (assuming no traffic - a big assumption in Boston).

I have not been to North Station in a while - we are to meet at the East Premium Executive Office-(Located opposite side of Bruins Pro-shop and McDonalds. I used to take the commuter rail in North Station about 16 years ago. There was a McDonalds near where the trains left. If you were facing the garden from causeway street, you would go in the side entrance on the left and the McDonalds would be just a little ways as you walk straight on your right.

Does any one know if this is still the case? I want to be able to find it quickly in case of traffic. My daughter would be very disappointed if we were to miss this opportunity.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 583 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 11:10 am
@Linkat,
According to Google Maps, the McD's is in North Station now.

That site is really, really slow for me right now (not sure why that is), but I recommend you look at Google Maps and switch it over to Google Earth when you've zoomed in to approximately where you think you need to be.
Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 11:37 am
@jespah,
Yeah it used to be in North Station. You would walk in from the side and then toward the left was the Bruins Pro shop and if you walked down that direction would be the will call windows and the box office windows' going straight there was the McDonalds on the right and on the left you could go out to the various train tracks. I remember once buying a Happy Meal at that McD. Gotta be the same spot.

I can just see me with the kids running through trying to find the right spot.

Worst case - I should be able to ask someone. I just hate rushing and like to know precisely where I need to be.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 12:38 pm
@Linkat,
That's how it was when I was last there seven or eight months ago for a
Celtics game.

Congrats to the daughter. I'd love to shoot hoops on the fabled parquet.
George

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 12:47 pm
@George,
I don't recall the Bruins Pro Shop being on the first floor, though.
But I am sure that the door to Premium seating is on the left as you enter.
We had "Club Seating" (the company's seats, not mine) and used that door.
Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 01:52 pm
@George,
Yeah - I was just looking online - it seems the bruins pro shop moved to the second floor - the directions and instructions were probably pulled together prior to this move.

Our seats are nose bleed - normally what they give to the kids groups. But yeah playing even for 10 minutes on the Celtics floor pretty cool - hopefully she will pull a 3 pointer.
George

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 03:02 pm
@Linkat,
Is she in a half-time event at the Celtics game?
Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 04:54 pm
@George,
No it is prior to game time - she gets to play a scrimmage game on the floor. Her AAU program had an outing where any players within the organization could go to a Celtics game - she wanted to so we got some tickets. Then we hear the other day, they did a lottery of the kids going to the game within this organization and those chosen get to play in a scrimmage game on the court prior to the game.

Pretty cool. I can't wait to see her.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 05:07 pm
@Linkat,
Is your husband all sure he won't let her out early?
George

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2014 07:30 pm
@Linkat,
Way cool!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2014 08:29 am
@ossobuco,
She is likely to miss the last game - if they make the championship - which they have a very good shot at - they are a good team. Maybe she can play in most of the last game and take off if they are ahead and still make it. We are car pooling so I need to be there at a certain time.

To me this is an extra tourney to get them ready for travel season. I would hate to leave the team behind as she is one of the stronger players, but I look at it as it gives the other players more playing time as in tight games she is typically playing most of the game. The coach is good though on games when we are ahead by alot she sits alot. Giving the other kids a chance for lots of playing time without killing another team. (hubby is assistant coach so he wants her there).

I don't think the timing is an issue - just lots of rushing and I do not like rushing and like to be prepared in case of traffic, or any other unforseen problem - ie Boston parking.
0 Replies