more questions about the whip cream?

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 04:24 pm
I asked about whipped cream once.

i remembered that one time, i bought a bottle of maybe 1 pint whipped cream. when i opened the carton, it looks liquid. and i tried to whip it with a blender, it didn't really get any creamy. it only gets more air in it.

so is it because i didn't buy the right whip cream? or that is the way those whip cream in carton are?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,237 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 04:30 pm
I don't have a scientific explanation, but for some reason blenders will not whip cream. (It happened to me too!). You need to use something like an egg beater.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 04:34 pm
Buy "whipping" cream or "heavy whipping cream". A copper bowl works best, and you need to use a hand mixer, not a blender. The mixer can either be electric or hand cranked. If you don't have a copper bowl, use a stainless steel one.

If you like your whipped cream sweet, you can add a little sugar and possibly a few drops of vanilla. Whip on high until peaks form. That's all there is to it.
0 Replies

youngman

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 04:39 pm
how long do i have whip it before it becomes solid? and will it actually become those really nice creamy whip cream? Smile

why do i need a copper bowl? what if i just use a ceramic one?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 04:40 pm
A ceramic bowl will do........but stop when the cream forms peaks. If you beat it too much, you will have dandy bowl of butter! Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 04:51 pm
Metal works better than ceramic because the cream clings to the sides better than ceramic.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 05:19 pm
Also make sure the whipping cream is ice cold.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 07:55 am
You need to keep the cream, bowl and whippers very cold. I usually put the bowl and whippers in the freezer before whipping the cream.

It can take a while for it to become solid, but you should start seeing the cream change not too long after you begin whipping.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 07:58 am
If you tried making it in a blender, I understand your problem. You need to use a whisk, or an electric mixer with whisk attachments.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:06 am
After re-reading everything, I realized you were trying to whip cream in a blender. That will never work. You need a mixer in order to whip it. You do not really need whisk whippers, as I have made whip cream without them, but whisk whippers will definitely make the job easier.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 08:28 am
or just forget the whipped cream and go right into the sexplay.
0 Replies