Muscle localization and botox

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2014 10:37 pm
http://s10.postimg.org/61ison1v9/neeee.jpg

This is my problem:
I am using muscles in my eyes (making them slightly diverge). Eye muscles are coupled with muscles in the neck and back. These neck and back muscles are being automaticly activated as I activate my eye muscles. I cannot stop activating my eye muscles.

The neck and back muscle tension is causing severe problems for me. I have trouble concentrating. I have pain. And I have a huge problem with constipation. Which again causes a lot of problems, like skin issues, sluggishness etc.

This is not a problem with nerves. There is a problem with voluntary activation probably caused by OCD. As I have been able to relax the eye muscles for short periods, and my neck muscles instantly relax as I do. The effect is very noticable. I have also checked my nerves with a neurologist twice and they work properly.
This has gone on for over five years and the practitioners I have seen don't take my problem seriousley. I would say I am desperate for someone to help me.

My sollution would be to find out which muscles in my neck and back that is being activated so that I could inject them with botox. I have tried for long times gain control over my eye muscles but I can not seem to stop doing this behaviour (maybe related to OCD). Botox would be a great relief.
I am looking for someone who would be able to localise the active muscles so that I can later inject them with botox.

Suggestions:
Magnetic Resonance Elastography (MRE), needle-EMG, ultrasound for muscle localization.

Alternative:
Or to find out which eye muscles I am tensing, then inject botox in the muscles which are known to be coupled with these eye muscles.

I will travel great distances for anyone who will can help me with this. I am not interested in other therapies. And I only want to have relief from the neck and back muscle tension.
I would be very very happy if someone could help me with contact info for someone who could help me! Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,703 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 02:53 am
@mandathor,
Make sure you find someone with a very solid medical reputation. It may be possible to lose more than you gain.
mandathor

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2014 02:57 am
@roger,
I cannot loose very much more, my health have really deteriorated at this point. The problem is finding someone who will listen to me. And do the appropriate medical procedure.
0 Replies