Are there any peaceful muslim nations?

vikorr

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 12:39 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
You are showing a great deal of ignorance by displaying the most basic of knowledge and some misconceptions. All this because you hate Muslims, right ?
Could you show me one post where I denigrate muslims? Perhaps another form of hate? (although, as far as I'm aware, all forms of hate involve emotions that make the object of hate out to be less...so denigrate would be the best word)

In doing so - please ensure you differentiate between the religion, and the people who follow it.

Ionus

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 12:47 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
- their primary example for godly behaviour - what Mohammed did. They followed his example as they conquered each land. If you don't know how that applies to Islamic conquest, you will need to read up on it.
Can you not understand that in the Medina period they were fighting for survival ? Mecca was trying to kill everyone of them.

Quote:
- the god mandated command to wage holy war until the world is Islamic, or subject to Dhimmitude
- their god mandated command to convert by any means possible
- their religious entitlement to booty from raids / conquests
You've been reading right wing Christian literature haven't you ? Can you quote the Qur'an where it says that ?

Quote:
you suggest that because Islam started through conquest,
Are you a native English speaker ? I have said many times the exact opposite. Islam was threatened with extinction. Read this very carefully...THEY WERE FIGHTING FOR SURVIVAL . Mecca tried to exterminate them.

Quote:
Throughout your posts, you suggest that because Islam started through conquest, that they could not stop
I suggest nothing . That is entirely in your mind . Lets be clear as you are continually missing this...coming from a violent beginning where you are fighting for survival makes a people insecure and expansion is a natural result . I agree with you that Islam has a lot to answer for, but these were also seperate countries, just like Christian ones at the time, and they sort power like any other country .

Quote:
insecurity itself is a human condition, with most countries / peoples NOT dealing with it through conquest
It is the exact opposite . Most countries deal with insecurity by conquest . If they choose not to, that is because of more insecurity produced by the threat of failure . Since WW2, we have tried to stop conquest. China was one of the most secure countries and even they stooped to conquest every now and then .
Ionus

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 12:54 am
vikorr... you could have quoted this
Quote:
When you start off fighting for survival it is hard to know when to stop.
But you wouldn't cherry-pick when quoting now would you ?
vikorr

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 12:57 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Can you not understand that in the Medina period they were fighting for survival ? Mecca was trying to kill everyone of them.
You haven't read enough of the founding it appears.
Quote:
You've been reading right wing Christian literature haven't you ? Can you quote the Qur'an where it says that ?
Yes, I can. However, the concept of abrogration makes it a minefield for 'amateur argument'. Further, in asking just the Quranic justifications, you are also ignoring the Haddiths (with one of the books being called the book of Jihad), and the Sunna, which are both relevant to Islam.

Rather than try to put in a post an explanation that takes books...pick up books that contains both the texts, and the thoughts of numerous historical & current Islamic Scholars on Jihad, and pick up books that document the course of Islamic conquest...and do the matching yourself.

An argument with a person who is sure of their position without their having done the appropriate research is not to my taste, or yet yet understanding that allows sufficient xreferenced argument.

Quote:
Are you a native English speaker ? I have said many times the exact opposite. Islam was threatened with extinction. Read this very carefully...THEY WERE FIGHTING FOR SURVIVAL . Mecca tried to exterminate them.
I am refering to quotes of yours regarding what happened AFTER Medina...but thank you for the hate.

vikorr

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 01:02 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
But you wouldn't cherry-pick when quoting now would you ?
For what reason would I feel that need? So far, as far as I know, while I find your logic flawed, you seem quite genuine.

Here are the quotes:

Quote:
When you start off fighting for survival it is hard to know when to stop.

As I said it was hard for the Muslims to turn off expansion because of their fight for survival from their beginning in Medina.

I said their expansion was started based on their early fight for survival .
0 Replies

Ionus

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 01:04 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
Could you show me one post where I denigrate muslims?
How about this one ?http://able2know.org/topic/25915-52#post-5909106
Seeing you like inferences, how about your general tone that Muslims are to blame and never has it been a state war that just happened to involve Muslims ?
Ionus

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 01:07 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
.but thank you for the hate.
I can not accept your thanks . There is no hate . Just frustration that a simple concept is not understood by you and I am wondering is there a communication breakdown . How better to explain my point...???
vikorr

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 01:12 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
How about this one ?http://able2know.org/topic/25915-52#post-5909106
Seeing you like inferences, how about your general tone that Muslims are to blame and never has it been a state war that just happened to involve Muslims ?
I was asking for a quote where I denigrate muslims. In stead you link a post where I disagree with who was the victim in the Islamic invasions of Europe?

Again...please provide a quote where I denigrate Muslims.

Quote:
how about your general tone that Muslims are to blame
2 things:

- I very specifically asked you to ensure you differentiate between the religion and the followers...which you did not just do, because my criticism is aimed at the religion, Islam. You will find that theme in my posts throughout this thread.

- I don't buy into blame. There are contributing circumstances, and personal responsibility. Your seeing 'Blame' is your own issue to deal with.
0 Replies

vikorr

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 01:17 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
I can not accept your thanks . There is no hate . Just frustration that a simple concept is not understood by you and I am wondering is there a communication breakdown . How better to explain my point...???
Perhaps Ionus it is simply that our opinions disagree. And that is okay...if we never had our opinions challenged by other people, we would hve many less new ideas enter our lives.
Ionus

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 03:02 am
@vikorr,
Words like
Quote:
butchering people
conjure up the impression of you hating Muslims.
The following :
Quote:
Islams invasion of Europe and Europes depopulation (while Europe fought for survival) from those Islamic invasions- contributed in large degree to the Dark Ages
is just weird. No one else I have read would even entertain that. The Dark ages occurred before the Muslim invasion, and the Christians did a pretty good job of defending themselves. Spain was taken along with North Africa but by conquest standards of the time it was mild. Taking back Spain was brutal and lives in infamy today.

Understanding my point of feeling threatened is very important for understanding Islam today. They again feel threatened. Western culture will do to their religion what it did to Christianity. Make it redundant in a world of pleasure and consumerism.
vikorr

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 06:17 am
@Ionus,
Is butchering an inaccurate word for what is done by all sides during invasions in the era we were talking about? Swords lend themselves to butchery. If you see hate in the use of such a word, you would have to ask yourself what bias you possess that allows you see hate in accurate descriptions.

Quote:
is just weird. No one else I have read would even entertain that. The Dark ages occurred before the Muslim invasion, and the Christians did a pretty good job of defending themselves.
Did you read it in context of what you said, regarding Islam being a centre of Learning (which it was by comparison to Europe)? The use of Dark Ages was inaccurate on my part. The point was in regards to the comparison you made about learning....which should be clear if you include the words before and after what you quoted.

Quote:
Understanding my point of feeling threatened is very important for understanding Islam today.

- victims of war, where they are such, is fine (as opposed to being victims of war even when they are in countries not at war with them, see below)
- victims of war on Islam isn't (it is very clearly not), and raises the question as to why the catchcry is so widespread, even among the educated.
- victims of freedom of speech (regarding criticism of the prophet or Islam) they are not...unless you buy that their prophet is sacrosanct, or that ideology shouldn't be criticised even when it has negative outcomes
- victims of persecution is problematic

Quote:
They again feel threatened. Western culture will do to their religion what it did to Christianity. Make it redundant in a world of pleasure and consumerism.
Err...yes, many see it as a threat. You will have to clarify what point you are making in regards to this...you are saying they will invade because they feel threatened by culture creep? (I don't think you are, but that's one possible interpretation - hence asking for clarification)
gungasnake

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 07:09 am
The thing that sort of gets to me about I-slam and slammites (muslims) is the thought that any other group of people in history having gone through the same experience would have learned some manners and made adjustments to their own conduct. Muslims on the other hand, having totally failed in their efforts at world dominion via fire and sword and having been basically bypassed by events, have determined that what they failed at with all the fire and swords might yet be achieved by some combination of emigration into other lands and by being "pushy".

gungasnake

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 07:10 am
http://islamcomicbook.com
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 09:55 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Yes, the USA directly threatened the survival of Japan.

Nonsense.

Ionus wrote:
They waited until there was no more negotiation possible then they went to war to secure the resources a modern economy needed and to build an Empire like their heroes the British.

I hope that "they" refers to Japan here.
oralloy

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 09:55 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
If your argument consist of Christians and Jews good, Muslims bad then you are a prejudiced racist fool.

Gosh! It sure is a good thing that my argument doesn't consist of that.

Ionus wrote:
750 years of neighbours fighting goes way past simple conquest.

Not when it is 750 years of one side invading the territory of the other side.

Ionus wrote:
If two Christian nations go at it for a hundred years, say France and England, do you have the high moral ground to work out who is evil and who is Godly?

I do not require high moral ground in order to work out who is right and who is wrong. But yes, I am in fact capable of working such things out.

Ionus wrote:
Or does your great moral wave of the hand only involve Muslims?

Wave of the hand???

Ionus wrote:
Are you aware the Jews conquered it too?

"It" is a rather vague term. Is there anyplace in particular that you'd like to accuse the Jews of conquering?

Ionus wrote:
You say the land belonged to the Byzantines but also to the Romans but also to the Jews.

The land of Israel belongs to the Jews.

The Byzantine Empire was the remnants of the Roman Empire after Muslims stole much of their territory.

Ionus wrote:
Anyone but the Muslims.

Correct. None of the Roman Empire belonged to Muslims.

Ionus wrote:
In fact, every conqueror except Muslims.

Muslims happen to be the ones who came along and invaded us when we were doing them no harm.

Ionus wrote:
Why are you so full of hatred and fear of Islam?

Hatred and fear are rather strong terms. I merely object to the way Muslims run around murdering everyone and stealing their land.

Ionus wrote:
Understanding causes goes much further to solving a problem then the racist screaming you indulge yourself in.

Making false accusations against me doesn't make it OK for Muslims to murder people and steal their land.

Ionus wrote:
The Romans destroyed every large city then in existence during their wars of conquest, including Jerusalem.

I've already stated that Rome had no business invading Jewish territory.

Ionus wrote:
How many large cities were destroyed by Islam?

Don't know. Does it matter?
coldjoint

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 11:37 am
I am disappointed in Ionus. Losing the debate he has to pull out the "hate" word.

What is so hard in understanding where the hate and aggression come from? There are indisputable proofs in words and actions. People do not want to hate Islam, Islam wants to hate(non-Muslims) us.
vikorr

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 05:11 pm
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-31894708
Quote:
Deadly blasts hit Pakistan churches in Lahore

Two bomb blasts have killed at least 14 people near two churches in a Christian neighbourhood of the Pakistani city of Lahore, local officials say.

More than 70 people were hurt in the explosions, which targeted worshippers attending Sunday mass at the churches in the Youhanabad area.
coldjoint

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 05:31 pm
Quote:
Islam's Latest Contributions to Peace "Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

2015.03.16 (Lashkar Gah, Afghanistan) - A woman and child Fare among four people liquidated by a Fedayeen suicide car bomber.
2015.03.16 (Oruzgan, Afghanistan) - A man is murdered in front of his wife and child by religious extremists.
2015.03.15 (Gedo, Somalia) - Six family members, including two children and two women, are slaughtered in their own home by al-Shabaab.
2015.03.15 (Mosul, Iraq) - Nine people are shot in the back of the head for 'betraying the religion of Allah'.
2015.03.14 (Nangarhar, Afghanistan) - Three children are pulled into pieces by fundamentalist bombers.
2015.03.13 (Mandera, Kenya) - Islamists ambush a car and shoot three occupants to death.

* Sources for individual incidents can be provided upon request.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
coldjoint

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 08:16 pm
Quote:
Lying (Taqiyya and Kitman)

Question:

Are Muslims permitted to lie?

Summary Answer:

Muslim scholars teach that Muslims should generally be truthful to each other, unless the purpose of lying is to "smooth over differences."

There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them.

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves."

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Qur'an (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts" The context of this remark is marriage, which explains why Sharia allows spouses to lie to each other for the greater good.

Qur'an (66:2) - "Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths"

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)

Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be "compelled" to deceive others for a greater purpose.

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (52:269) - "The Prophet said, 'War is deceit.'" The context of this is thought to be the murder of Usayr ibn Zarim and his thirty unarmed men by Muhammad's men after he "guaranteed" them safe passage (see Additional Notes below).

Bukhari (49:857) - "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar." Lying is permitted when the end justifies the means.

Bukhari (84:64-65) - Speaking from a position of power at the time, Ali confirms that lying is permissible in order to deceive an "enemy."

Muslim (32:6303) - "...he did not hear that exemption was granted in anything what the people speak as lie but in three cases: in battle, for bringing reconciliation amongst persons and the narration of the words of the husband to his wife, and the narration of the words of a wife to her husband (in a twisted form in order to bring reconciliation between them)."

Bukhari (50:369) - Recounts the murder of a poet, Ka'b bin al-Ashraf, at Muhammad's insistence. The men who volunteered for the assassination used dishonesty to gain Ka'b's trust, pretending that they had turned against Muhammad. This drew the victim out of his fortress, whereupon he was brutally slaughtered despite putting up a ferocious struggle for his life.

From Islamic Law:

Reliance of the Traveler (p. 746 - 8.2) - "Speaking is a means to achieve objectives. If a praiseworthy aim is attainable through both telling the truth and lying, it is unlawful to accomplish through lying because there is no need for it. When it is possible to achieve such an aim by lying but not by telling the truth, it is permissible to lie if attaining the goal is permissible (N:i.e. when the purpose of lying is to circumvent someone who is preventing one from doing something permissible), and obligatory to lie if the goal is obligatory... it is religiously precautionary in all cases to employ words that give a misleading impression...

"One should compare the bad consequences entailed by lying to those entailed by telling the truth, and if the consequences of telling the truth are more damaging, one is entitled to lie.

Remember Islam gets this power from Islam. Which means ****.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/011-taqiyya.htm
Ionus

Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:05 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
Is butchering an inaccurate word for what is done by all sides during invasions in the era we were talking about?
Yes. Many invasions kept the population intact. This is proven by DNA.

Quote:
- victims of war, where they are such, is fine (as opposed to being victims of war even when they are in countries not at war with them, see below)
- victims of war on Islam isn't (it is very clearly not), and raises the question as to why the catchcry is so widespread, even among the educated.
- victims of freedom of speech (regarding criticism of the prophet or Islam) they are not...unless you buy that their prophet is sacrosanct, or that ideology shouldn't be criticised even when it has negative outcomes
- victims of persecution is problematic
Lets be clear on where I stand...I dont like Islam because it allows so called "holy men" to talk young people into suicide. I dont like Islam because they attack freedom of speech. I dont like Islam because of its ingrained, insecure, little dick mentality towards women. I don't like Islam because there are no qualifications before you call yourself an Imman. I dont like Islam because the vast majority have sat back and ignored the terrorist minority when they should have been up in arms protesting.

Quote:
you are saying they will invade because they feel threatened by culture creep?
No, I am saying they feel threatened by our culture and they are right to believe it will westernise them with consumerism and open sexuality. That will take away the power of the fanatical leaders.