Interstellar, the Movie

oralloy

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 01:57 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
We differ a bit on Interstellr. Im actully hoping for an I-2, where they sort out all the loose ends and produce on what they promised in I-1.

I didn't notice any loose ends. It looked to me like he and the girl were off to live happily ever after as founders of the new colony.

Was there something I missed?

farmerman wrote:
Youve forgiven Interstellar its science mistakes yet dumped over Gravity's .

All of the scientific impossibilities in Interstellar were presented as the acts of a race (probably our distant descendants) so far advanced than us that they can do things that we deem to be violations of the laws of physics as we understand them.

The idea was supposed to be that our understanding of physics is crude and rudimentary, and the things we believe are impossible are really possible for people who have an advanced enough understanding of science.

farmerman wrote:
Jever notice how long the CGI staff credits keep getting on these movies.
My wife and I are Credit nuts, we will sit in an empty theater goofing on credits like those puppets on MS3K. We dont get out much

I never paid attention to the length of CGI credits, but I do watch all or most of the credits. Movies often put stuff in them that you'll miss if you don't stick around.

For instance, if people didn't stick around through the credits for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 or for the most recent Terminator movie, they missed things.
oralloy

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 02:01 am
@rosborne979,
I'm several years late here, but I hope all you guys who saw this in theaters, saw it presented on 70mm IMAX film.

If not, you only saw a pale shadow of the movie.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 08:56 am
@oralloy,
violations of physics(more like loopholes) is how "warping " was hypothesized. We just gloss over the amount of "spare energy" wed need to move a postage stamp.
Same thing with Alderson "Jump spots"
0 Replies

zeroyanke7

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 10:09 am
@Brandon9000,
This horrible movie Martian Land that I am watching now on Pluto TV, it got a 2.3 rating on IMDB is better than Interstellar.
0 Replies