kev

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 05:38 am
Cav, I have a combination of ingredients here that are tasty but dont quite work.

Chicken breast with amixture of pitted black and green olives sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms in sunflower oil marinade.

serve with feta cheese in tortilla wraps

Problem is this, it is a bit dry, it is tasty but cant help but feel it needs some kind of sauce. Whaddya think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 950 • Replies: 9
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 06:15 am
Well, firstly, don't overcook the chicken. You may want to consider adding a little canned or fresh tomatoes to the mixture, and maybe a little white wine. That would make it saucier. I would saute some onion in olive oil, add the other ingredients, deglaze with wine, add the fresh tomatoes and reduce slightly. You can stir in the cheese at the end, or just use it crumbled. This version is probably best just served over the chicken, but if it's thick enough, it could go in a wrap as well.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 06:19 am
I'll handle this one, Kev. I believe Cav is probably still sleeping.

Let me begin by saying don't overcook the chicken. You may want to consider adding a little canned or fresh tomatoes to the mixture, and maybe a little white wine. That would make it saucier. I would saute some onion in olive oil, add the other ingredients, deglaze with wine, add the fresh tomatoes and reduce slightly. You can stir in the cheese at the end, or just use it crumbled. This version is probably best just served over the chicken, but if it's thick enough, it could go in a wrap as well.

I certainly hope that helps.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 06:21 am
Oh. I see Cav is awake, and actually it looks like we are in agreement on this one.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 06:27 am
Well, if I wasn't awake before, I am now. Laughing
0 Replies

kev

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 07:32 am
Gus, having thought very carefully about Cav's proposition and yours I have to say that yours seems to be the winner. Thanks Gus, and thanks Cav for at least making an attempt.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 07:57 pm
You're welcome, Kev. I'm here to help.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 08:10 pm
Oh, I read the title of this thread & though cav needed help! I now see he doesn't, but I was going to offer .... Very Happy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 08:34 pm
Cav is beyond help, msolga, but it was a nice gesture on your part.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 08:38 pm
Actually cav seems ASTONISHINGLY capable! I was very surprised he needed help! Laughing
0 Replies