College Essay Help Please!

sh221b

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 08:42 pm
Here's the question: Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. Write a note to your future roommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate — and us — know you better.

And here's my essay:
If there’s one attribute (or compliment?) that my friends have consistently associated with me, it’s craziness. That’s probably the first thing you should know about me. Now, please don’t be alarmed, I’m not one to be so eccentric as to cause anyone trouble , but I have been known participate in quite a few crazy activities, such as going down the highest zip line in Mexico, riding the world’s 9th tallest rollercoaster, climbing off a ledge over Bryce Canyon, and stealing candy from my 3rd grade teacher.
With craziness comes great responsibility, one might say (okay, no one really says that). I do try to be as responsible as possible for most things, such as keeping my side of the room clean and getting my work done on time. You might find the occasional textbook or sock lying around, but I’ll probably take care of it, eventually.
Some random things you should probably know about me, I really enjoy everything Bollywood, or from India’s huge movie industry, so don’t be surprised if you find me blasting my Indian tunes at 4 in the morning! In terms of sports, I’m not really a big fan, although I do enjoy watching a good tennis match from time to time.
Overall, I’m just a fun loving guy who is looking forward to our future years here at Stanford! I know that we’re both going to have a great time, and I can’t wait to meet you.
Here’s to an amazing four years ahead!

Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,911 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 08:59 pm
The daughter of a friend was admitted to Stanford and I doubt she had this kind of help.

Should applicants say how many people helped them make the sentences sound good? It's who you know or pay for, to get admitted? How much slumping happens in the first year types?

I'm so old that we just took the test. I wrote an essay about jazz (nothing else interested me in the choices), which I'd barely heard of then. Ok, a little, but very little. I take it that I said ridiculous statements in a grammatical way.
0 Replies