Judge says mom lied, so she'll lose custody

nownthen55

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 03:39 pm
Before you go on any further I suggest those of you who are eager to jump on the "parental alienation syndrome" wagon, should diligently check out Dr. Gardner, the father of the voo-doo theory who also has some very disturbing views on pedophiles. They are public and published and extremely dangerous. Gardner, who committed suicide published his own books and testified, mostly for fathers accused of sexual abuse, the defense was always the same, the lying mother made it up so the kids would hatee the father. "Parental Alienation Syndrome" is the new way to batter women (and men). This lady went public because she is stuck ina corrupt broken family court system. She had no choices left.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 03:40 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
By the way, after some research I think the claim that the mother is losing the kids due to the lies about abuse itself are misleading.

It seems to be a case of parental alienation.

Quote:
David Bookstaver, spokesman for the Office of Court Administration said, "Judges are bound by appellate court rulings and the appellate courts have made it very clear, in this state, that if there's a finding of parental alienation, the remedy is removal of the children."

So I gathered. Insofar as one can gather anything from the reporting these matters. I would love to see the evidence that supports that as actually the better decision in all such cases.

It is certainly easier for the courts, in an extraordinarily difficult situation (just been dealing with the mummy and daddy of one of those cases) - but the system is supposed to be weighing up what is in the best interests of the child, and there is no way I think a blanket one size fits all decision in such complex cases is in anyone's best interests.

For instance, of enormous importance is to whom the child/ren have a secure attachment - one parent? Both?

If there is no real attachment to the allegedly alienated parent, then allocating to the other parent is nice and simple for the courts, but reasonably horrendously traumatic for the kid/s.

Sigh.

Glad I ain't no damn family court judge, though.

If this is a really entrenched one of those, finding any kind of good decision sucks. Prolly isn't one - but, still a search for the less worst seems better than a blanket "we do this".
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 03:46 pm
nownthen55 wrote:
Before you go on any further I suggest those of you who are eager to jump on the "parental alienation syndrome" wagon, should diligently check out Dr. Gardner, the father of the voo-doo theory who also has some very disturbing views on pedophiles. They are public and published and extremely dangerous. Gardner, who committed suicide published his own books and testified, mostly for fathers accused of sexual abuse, the defense was always the same, the lying mother made it up so the kids would hatee the father. "Parental Alienation Syndrome" is the new way to batter women (and men). This lady went public because she is stuck ina corrupt broken family court system. She had no choices left.

Interesting - I was researching the matter recently - and, once something is a pop-psychology/sociology "syndrome" my heart stops, cos experience tells me that reason has just flown out the window and bandwagons are firing up all over the landscape.

Not that I do not think that the behaviour exists, I have seen it with me own fair eyes - but once a pseudo-syndrome appears, I observe nothing but bad following - like cutting off parts of feetses to fit Cinderella's mythical slipper....
0 Replies

nownthen55

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 03:46 pm
Check out the articles on Parental alienation.

http://members.aol.com/asherah/pas.html
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 04:08 pm
nownthen55 wrote:

This case has little to do with "Parental Alienation Syndrome" as you describe it. The woman made a clear attempt, and this is not a trumped up case "to batter women".

The term, as used in the quote from David Bookstaver that I cited is "Parental Alienation" which is significantly different from Dr. Gardner's "Parental Alienation Syndrome".
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 10:37 pm
I have stickystuff in my own family on these matters, and not is all as it seems before court. All is complex. My own view is, everybody watch yer ass.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 11:46 pm
I can't see it - I am sitting on it.

But, seriously, I agree. I never take very seriously, as having much relationship, however passing, with the truth, reporting on such matters.

If ever one knows much about such a situation, reporting appears as though it was compiled on another planet.

Filming those kids, though, that is very, very, wrong.
0 Replies

nownthen55

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 10:24 am
They simply renamed it because legitimate pratictioners found the "syndrome" laughable. This case has EVERYTHING to do with Richard Gardner and his junk science. That's how New York State began it's road to these ridiculous rulings. Here are some articles for you or others to read. I have researched this from both sides and while there are clearly parents, of both sexes, who do their children a great disservice by demeaning the other parent, I cannot believe these kids, or any others benefit by being forced from their homes. All fit parents should have healthy loving relationships with their children, this need to find causation for strife to be the other parents fault is cowardly and irresponsible. Almost always, the person responsible for your relationship with you child, or lack of one, is YOU.

http://www.gate.net/~liz/liz/poliacoff.htm

http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/Re.../PAS1/pas1.html

http://www.post-gazette.com/custody/partone.asp

http://johnnypumphandle.com/cc/jensen.htm
0 Replies