Can abortion be forced on a minor by a legal guardian?

boomerang

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 11:11 am
@Slynky,
Bleeding heart me wonders why you didn't teach your daughter to be responsible in the first damn place. Sorry, but it really pisses me off to hear parents complain about their kids not knowing how to do things when it was THEIR job to teach them those things. You sound as immature and selfish as your daughter.

I'm an adoptive parent and really believe adoption can be a great thing. What you need to consider is that adoption is a life long decision and it doesn't get rid of a "problem". Forcing someone to relinquish their child is wrong on a million different levels.

For all of your sake I suggest you research "theraputic foster care" for your state. Many agencies offer residential support for pregnant teens. Considering how you seem to feel about all this, it might be the best place for your daughter.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2010 11:40 am
@Slynky,
I think the child would be better off not being raised in your home as well.

any child, for that matter...
0 Replies

Ci-Ci-Baby

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 10:16 pm
@Linkat,
the child is genetically simular to their mother and father. So more than likely the child will also think the same. If the parents know how each other think and feels about the average situations and they have a pregnancy that was not planned their is no reason why they shouldn't be fine. everything out in the world will be there 18 years from now when the child is grown. If the parents have the hormones to make a baby they should never abort it because you have to not only live with the death of your child that you cause for the rest of your life but you also might not be able to have another child because of the procedure. I'm jus saying
0 Replies

kidsrightsactivist

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 01:27 pm
@Wildflower63,
to Wildflower63 while i can understand your desire for your daughter to have a "good" life who the hell do you think you are talking about MANIPULATING your child??? if it was up to me you would get your own children taken away from you. the choice of words you have used lead me to believe that you werent able to have the life that YOU wanted and are now starting to live vicariously through her. it is HER life not yours and as a parent you should talk more to her instead of yelling and forcing her to do things. this is not acceptable. maybe if you took the time to get to know your own flesh and blood you might see that with you out of the picture she flourishes. but untill you actually KNOW your child you and she will always be at odds. it is because you are trying to force her to do things that she is so belligerent. so in my oppinion it is YOU madam that is irresponsible and should not have children. you should go get pregnant and let someone whip a coat hanger in your womb and let you see how it feels. as far as your oppinion of whether or not young child mother and father will be good parents you have no idea what so ever and these "facts" that you keep saying that you know "What kind of life can she and boyfriend give? I know the answer to that! Nothing at all.; Do any of you honestly think that a teen can provide and be a parent to an infant without parental help? They can't." YOU DONT KNOW THIS. also maybe if you werent on this website bitching about how your daughter and taking the time to sit and talk with her about these things maybe you would have less to worry about. your problem is that you think scare tactics are the answer THEY ARE NOT. i hope that you seek help with your parenting skills as they seem to be extremely lacking.
0 Replies

kidsrightsactivist

Reply Tue 17 May, 2011 01:32 pm
@Wildflower63,
the fact that you say that this all happened to you only proves my earlier point yoou have no idea if your child will make the same "mistakes" that you did are you a fortune teller??? i hope someone takes your children from you you are dispicable
0 Replies

destony

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 10:53 am
@Noddy24,
she is 14 and we live in KY
destony

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 10:59 am
@destony,
what laws are there for 14 yr old being pregnant as far as the legal guardian is concerned. she is my granddaughter
0 Replies

beachgrl26

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 08:41 pm
@Wildflower63,
You have got it exactly right! I agree with you 100 %!
Shes is a child herself and cannot possibly have the knowledge of how to raise and support a child and the huge impact it will have on her young life.
kudos to you!
0 Replies

Cecy

Reply Fri 26 Jul, 2013 08:19 pm
I really think a parent should have the right to have their teen into an abortion. Based on the circumstances. My daughter is 17 and I just found out she is pregnant. Her boyfriend is nothing but a lied!! He's lied about his life, smoked weed pretends to be someone he's not. Hasn't had a stable nor home now. On top of this he says he's ready to man up. My daughter is so blinded by him. I just come to find all these things from his mom. In which he also did not graduate from high school. What kind of job can be get, what future awaits my daughter and that unborn child? A baby is a handful of responsibilities and expenses. Yes friends and family say to be there but when it's really time to be there everyone walks out. Who's responsibility does it become to be after these two immature teens don't take responsibility? No ones but the girls parents. Boys can always walk out. As soon as economical problems, stress and all starts hitting, all they do is walk away. And now a days even child support is even hard to get. When a father is working and he decides to pay only once in a 30 day cycle child support can't do anything about it. This is really BS!! Food, rent and bills don't wait. My point is that even when the father assures to be ready to step up, you can't be 100% sure it's going to happen. If he quits, the only one that's go see herself struggling will be the teen mother and that's if she even steps up to responsabity. In which my daughter I doubt she would. She barely even washes a dish at home. Unless she wants to go out then she will clean a bit.
I really think a parent of a teen should be the one to decide over their teen daughter and unborn child's future.
I'm sorry, I was always against abortion but not until you're in this spot you come to really think about it.
0 Replies

bankruptcycenter

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:19 am
it is case specific and depends on the area where you live.
0 Replies

andriajesseparr

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 05:19 pm
@Noddy24,
I am 16 and my parents are forcing me into an abortion, is it legal?
roger

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 05:32 pm
@andriajesseparr,
I don't know, Andria, but you will likely get more and better answers if you start your own thread with this question. This one is actually quite old.
0 Replies